Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Recommend me some long fingered gloves?
  • chalkstorm
    Free Member

Guys

I have to ride with long fingered gloves because I've got some dodgy DNA that means if my fingers see strong sunlight for too long they go all blotchy……

I'm after some that have lots of padding – but are lightweight and cool. I've occasionally suffered with the ulnar nerve little finger syndrome, especially when on a road bike.

My latest (worn out) ones are Spesh BG gloves – but I think I want more padding.

Don't want anything that belongs on a DH bike though!

What do you lot use?

DWH
    Free Member

The Six Six One Raji is thin and cool but has no padding whatsoever. But… why do you want great big wedges of padding anyway? Surely that's going to make trapped nerves worse? Try thinner gloves instead.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have a new pair of E0030WTHESE.
    I've worn them 3x but prefer my battered old gloves.
    Yours for £15 + p&p if you want them.

DWH
    Free Member

I've heard on the internet that wearing E0030 gloves can lead to a lot of hip-flexor problems. If you've already got a dodgy ulnar nerve problem that's the last thing you need!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC – had mine 1 year and still as new – v comfy 🙂

poppa
    Free Member

Which Spesh BG gloves did you have, the ridge or the gel? If you had the ridge, try the gel as they have more padding. If you had the gel, well, try something else!

neninja
    Free Member

Thor Phase S9 – excellent gloves – comfy and great feel but not much padding.

I suffer from tendon inflammation causing trigger thumb. These thinner gloves combined with Lizard Skins Charger grips has really helped.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Mmm – some interesting stuff guys, thanks.

I'm currently using ergon grips with Spesh ridge gloves…. although the rigid forks probably aren't helping much!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Have you ever noticed: DWH has never once started a thread here on this forum? Now that takes some doing & tells us all we really need to know!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I've got some of the Troy Lee ones & they're great unless it's wet, then they're about as grippy on the bars as wet tree roots!
    Rest of the time I've got some of Giant's Velocity gloves & been pretty impressed with those, or something lighter I use the Polaris ones, but can't remember what they're called.

poppa
    Free Member

Well the Specialized BG Gel gloves offer significantly more padding than the BG Ridge gloves:

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=39633&menuItemId=0&eid=0

BikeRadar review rated them down for having too much padding(!) but could be up your street:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/clothing/gloves/product/gel-long-gloves-10-37775

specialone
    Free Member

Troy lee xc, best gloves I've had. Have lasted a lot longer than previous gloves

stumpy01

Have you ever noticed: DWH has never once started a thread here on this forum? Now that takes some doing & tells us all we really need to know!

Yeah, and he seems to have a dislike for parts of the body if your stretching thread is anything to go by. Hey ho.

Oh, and for the OP, I used Specialized Ridge gloves and find them pretty comfy, but as you say they don't have loads of padding, just a small patch at the base of your palm…

nickc

although the rigid forks probably aren't helping much! probably has more to do with aching hands than your choice of glove.

Another vote for Troy Lee XC. use them all year round.

nuke

One I would not recommend is Endura Singletrack gloves on the basis they are shit

…to expand on that though, I found they bunch up under your hand, the finger bits are twisted on your fingers and blu-tack would be more effective than the velcro tabs after a few rides

hora
    Free Member

If you are tired of pisspoor quality where gloves start to fall apart at the seems:

http://www.ringersgloves.com/prod-ms.php

scu98rkr
    Free Member

bell own £7 at asda

neninja
    Free Member

If you are tired of pisspoor quality where gloves start to fall apart at the seems:

http://www.ringersgloves.com/prod-ms.php

They do look well made but also unbearably hot and lacking in ventilation.

hora
    Free Member

Im popping down to DemonTweaks this week to try aload on etc- will report back.

Agree with Nuke- Endura gloves are awful.

I'd rather the gloves be well made and not disintegrate within a month though.

Girl at the Builders Centre gave me a pair of these:
    Snickers Workwear 9520 Craftsmen Glove, Cut Finger
    Great for riding in, the best pair of gloves I've ever owned, they do a full finger version also.

jond
    Free Member

I used to use Sidewinders, but the latest lot (together with quite a few other glove designs) now have the velcro on the inside on the wrist – which pulls jeyboy lycra to bits 🙁

sillyoldman

Giro Xen or Rivett are unpadded, and Giro Monaco LF are padded with Pittards palms.

All are well vented, and fit better than owt else.

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have another pair of Endura gloves with a gel insert and they've lasted 2 years of trail riding thus far with none of the negative comments above. One finger looks to be making an escape for freedom any time soon though (my Spec' gloves did the same with the same finger and that too was after about 2 yrs).

Bimbler
    Free Member

Gore? I've got the Alp X – seem pretty good so far, they seem as if they should be too warm but feel ok in the current high temperatures, good 3 season gloves imo.

abductee
    Free Member

bell own £7 at asda

+1

neilb67
    Free Member

Hora, if your going to Tweeks this week, ask for Dave Kimberley and tell him you know Neil from Slidesports. Might get you some discount…

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Had some Endura Singletrack before the Spesh – lasted ok – but very thin and flimsy I thought…

My LBS doesn't stock Spesh – in fact, can't find many places that do – really need to try them on…

🙂

hora
    Free Member

Hora, if your going to Tweeks this week, ask for Dave Kimberley and tell him you know Neil from Slidesports. Might get you some discount…

I'll burst threw the door and say 'wheres DAVE, DAVE? Where are you mate, Neil from Slidesports sez' your doing 40% of all gloves today'….. 😆 😉 (joke)

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I'll burst threw the door and say 'wheres DAVE, DAVE

…..you know Dave will say 'Neil who' don't you? We do…..

😉

acjim
    Free Member

I recently got some Royal gloves – they seem nice, a bit tight but good feel and not too padded.

stevio

2nd the Alp-x's (in brown) – they go well with my brown Singletrack shorts too…. i'm just on the far side of my 2nd carpal tunnel op and think the Alp-x's work well…

Dibbs
    Free Member

Another vote for Giro Xen here, very thin gel padding, but fit me nicely and seem to be lasting pretty well (I like them so much I ordered a second pair this very afternoon).

c9tln
    Free Member

jejames have loads of decent ones at a very good price,normally in big sizes though.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

jejames….. 🙁

andy7t2
    Free Member

giro dj at the moment slightly padded nice and thin and enough ventilation. only had them a few months so not sure about durability yet

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some long fingered gloves?’ is closed to new replies.