Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me some long finger gel gloves
  • bomba
    Free Member

After my hands took a battering at the weekend’s Gorrick enduro, I’m after some gloves with a bit more padding. Been looking at the Specialized BG gel gloves – any opinions? Any alternatives?

bomba
    Free Member

Bump for the day crew

stumpy01

I used Specialized (I think they are Ridge) gloves, which are pretty comfy. Not sure how much of it is down to the gel patch though.

Have you considered squashier grips or some of those ergon grips with the wide palm area? A friend of mine started using them for longer enduro type events and reckons they are excellent.

trail_rat
    Free Member

altura gelcell – wont win any awards for snazzy looking but i swear by em …..

got a pair of long finger and mitts , both stink to high heaven – the mitts are holey as – was bought a new pair of each – they aint the same if you know what i mean …. maybe eventually but i love the old smelly pairs 😀

bomba
    Free Member

Have you considered squashier grips or some of those ergon grips with the wide palm area? A friend of mine started using them for longer enduro type events and reckons they are excellent.

Squashier grips are on order (ESI Chunky). I have considered Ergons, but I’ve yet to take the plunge. Apart from the shape, I don’t really like lock-ons, I like to run bar-ends and they don’t look particularly compatible (and I want to keep my bar ends), plus they’re really not cheap enough for ‘having a try’.

chiefgrooveguru

I have some nearly new BG gel gloves which you can have cheap. Switched over to no padding as I prefer the feel and my rides tend to be short-ish.

bomba
    Free Member

Ooh, sounds interesting. What size?

iainc

chief – if they are XL and bomba doesn’t want I would be interested 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

They’re a large in the black with red bits stylee.

bomba
    Free Member

Too big for me, I’m afraid. Maybe Iain can squeeze his pinkies in to them 🙂

Kato

Spesh BG Ridge Longs are my favourite gloves. They’re excellent

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Have a look for Fox Reflex gloves.

iainc

chief – too small for me, ach well. 😛

bomba – Spesh gloves size up pretty small….

nosedive
    Free Member

the spesh ones gave me blisters and the endura ones I had wore out pretty quick on the thumb (SRAM shifters for you). I just got some Fox ones (sorry, cant remember the name). Very comfy though and mid priceish, ~ £20 something from memory. Nice and thin too for the summer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some long finger gel gloves’ is closed to new replies.