Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some lock on grips?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Been looking at getting some lock ons for a while now but dont know which ones to go for?

Seen the DMr loccd and the Specialized xc’s.

Anyone got any idea’s?

Spongebob
    Free Member

I have had a pair of Syncros ones. Firm, yet comfortable. Chipper!

MrNutt
    Free Member

orange strange grips, perfect if you ask me.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m using Oury lockons and I like them. Though they fit my big shovels-for-hands – if you ar emore petite then they may not be what you’r after.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

love the Bontrager ones

Macks
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Massi soft lock on grips, couldn’t tell you the name, I’m running them on the DH bike and they’re bril! Or you could be a brand whore and get the Odi lock on ones, they’re good too, but I prefer mine.

13thfloormonk

I’ve got a set of Yeti ODI lock ons and they’re fantastic. The writing on them is made of really soft rubber, and if you ride bare handed it gives you really good purchase.

When i worked in a shop sellinbg specialized the single bolt lock-ons were the bane of my life, they would shift really easily, so you’d tighten them little by little until hey presto! the bolt stripped. Pain in the yikes…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

ODI Rogues, here, but, lets be honest, grips , like saddles, are VERY personal things and what suits one doesn’t suit all.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I’ve used Ourys for a while, but last year tried the Ergons on different bikes. Bottom line is they work for me on the Roadrat, but not the others. I’m about to try Lizard Skins Chargers (should be here tomorrow).

I’ll still have 2 bikes on Ourys tho.

takisawa2

Just bought some of these & being nice & thick they seem good.
    Tried ODI CrossTrainers once but couldn’t get on with them. Too thin.

justa
    Free Member

the specialized ones are good for the money – trouble is for me the xc ones were too slim the rocca’s were too narrow

I’ve on Charge sponges at the moment and they are about perfect for me 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

gone for some limited edition odi ruffians off wiggle with bonus pack only 12 quid so i thought i’d give em a try.

Anyone used them?

SimpleDumbPilot
    Free Member

Agree with MrNutt – Orange strange

rich-6
    Free Member

I asked this question only last week so check my prev posts for some more answers if this thread ends up a bit thin, I went for the ones made by Raleigh or at least distributed by them named ‘outbound’

They are nice and comfy and give me more confidence as they dont budge at all and look pretty good too, they’re very similar to the ruffians

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some lock on grips?’ is closed to new replies.