Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me some liner shorts
  • momo

I'm after some new lycra shorts and don't want to spend a fortune on them, what's good?

0range5

It's a difficult one to give advice on, as the shape of the pad can suit 1 person & not the next. I use the howies merino ones for long rides (not much help to you as they're expensive), but for short to medium rides, I reckon time on the bike makes more difference than the liners, or lack of. I'll quite happily ride in baggies without the liners, and some of the liners that have come with decent baggies seem to make no difference in comfort to me. The other key to comfort is to make yourself get out of the saddle for a few pedal strokes every so often, and before you fel you need it. Once you start to get sore it's too late.

Also, if the saddle's a bad shape for you, the shorts aren't necessarily going to sort it, so try a few different saddles in the shop or on mates bikes if you get the chance. You might find that will help.

Blackhound

I like the Craft ones from http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk.

Used the Endura coolmax ones but they are a bit sweaty imo.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I use Decathlons premium line bike shorts under baggies. cheap and good (Orange5's comment about varied @rse shapes notwithstanding)

FOG

I bought some Swobo which are excellent. They are cheap at Stif at the moment if you fit one of the limited sizes left. I wear them through the summer under baggies and through the winter under longs- excellent

rootes1

i like ones with bibs rather than a waste band..

much more comfortable to wear though going for a lash in the woods can be a bit awkward….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some liner shorts’ is closed to new replies.