Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me some lights
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi all,I’m looking for some new lights ready for winter after my cheap solar storm (I think) battery stopped holding charge after just a few rides last winter.
    On a budget so nothing expensive please.

Thanks
    Ian

sweepy
    Free Member

Well that’s it then, Summers officially over. Thanks.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

You’ve depressed me.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I was waiting for this post.

It will be “what tyres for autumn’s muddy trails” next.

jruk
    Free Member

MTB batteries stuff. You might get lucky with cheap Chinese lights but the last few I’ve bought have been crap compared to the original SSX2 I bought 3ish years ago. I still won’t pay Hope money but £100 for a decent head unit and battery that lasts and doesn’t blow up is worth it.

Kryton57

+1 for MTB batteries.

Very good light for £55 at the moment, of a complete helmet/bar combo that cut through everything for £150. One of the best customer service in the industry too.

sirromj

DezB
    Free Member

L&M Seca or Exposure Maxx

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry if I’ve depressed some of you lol. Will take a look at mtb batteries site.
    Any other suggestions ?

z1ppy

Torchy the battery boy on ebay (Big_f_d_d) sells the more reputable fluxient lights but currently has nothing listed (moving house IIRC).
    You could trust in the Amazon’s protection by buying a Chinese unit from one of their market place sellers.
    Otherwise most UK based resellers, have similar prices to MTB Batteries (another +1 recommendation for Marks service and after sale support), but have been around a while so should be safe to buy from ..
    eg: http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/
    http://www.bikelightsuk.com/

If you willing to spend a little more I’d recommend Glowworm lights.

fifeandy
    Free Member

+1 for MTB Batteries or bikelightsuk. I went with a beema and fluxient 1x in the end from the latter, but both were very helpful responding to my queries. Delighted with both lights, even got a 2nd fluxient as an xmas present for my dad.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

My C and B seen 3000 lumen light is fantastic!

kiwijohn

Gemini Titan.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some lights’ is closed to new replies.