• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some light wheels… that are cheap…
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi,

I'm looking at buying some lightweight wheels, but don't want to spend more than £250… been looking at the Superstar ones… but is there anyhting else about that's around the 1600g mark?

Cheers

Ricks

nuke

My Hope Hoops with 355s weighed in at 1653g for them both and I'm sure can be found for your budget.

dan_cube
    Free Member

Mine 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

i was just about to say on classifieds there is a bloke selling the same wheels as mine for that. goltech hubs on 355 rims top wheels.
    that bloke is dan_cube.

kiwijohn

Light Strong Cheap

Pick 2

robh

He only asked for 2!

njee20
    Free Member

I'd get the Hope Hoops, they'll be strong then as well. 1600g is pretty weighty still in 'lightweight wheel' terms, so you're not exactly going to be getting something really flexy.

Olly
    Free Member

i know of a pair of XT tubeless wheels up for sale, but dunno how they come up weight wise.

15mm front axel too

njee20
    Free Member

XT's have a claimed weight nearer 1700g, need stupid spokes etc too, I'd still get the Hopes, no offence Olly.

binners

I wouldn't touch Shimano hubs with a barge-pole personally. How light do you want them?

XC717s on Ringle Disc Jockey's (proper hubs) come in under your budget at Chain Reaction

cp

Hope Pro2 on mavic xc717 disc with aci DB spokes comes to £262 new from merlin.

Great lightweight strong wheels for reasonable money.

jimmy

i'd go with what cp said. I have an older set of them – must be 3/4 years old – and they're still in great condition.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

silver pro 2s on 717f and 719r. front 5wks old, rear rim brand new. rear hub same age as front,brand new never ridden bonty tyres and tubes.dont no what they weight but not heavy.£185 posted next day and insured.

njee20
    Free Member

355s are superior to 717s in every single way IMO.

cp

my hope XC hubs are over 7 years old, one of the XC717 rims got replaced after about 3 years, the other after about 4. They've been hammered, but are still going strong.

built em myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some light wheels… that are cheap…’ is closed to new replies.