Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some kneepads
  • chrisrobs
    Free Member

Just had the worst crash in over ten years of riding. I’ve never been for knee pads as I tried some once and they felt very cumbersome and restrictive. They were 661’s a few years back.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair that wont feel too restricting?

I’d be looking to spend no more than £50. Thanks

riddoch

Try this months magazine, 14 pads reviewed, can’t remember what cam out on top.

thwapy
    Free Member

THat’s what changed my mind last year, kids saw my legs and bought me em as a birthday present bless em! Love my Troy Lee 5450 knee and shin, I just have them down around my calfs for climbing.

ajantom

Dainese trail skins are pretty comfy.
    Happy to ride with them all day if needed – though like you I’ve never been a fan of knee pads.
    I had a biggish off a year or so back and cracked my knee, I don’t wear them every ride, but do if it involves the potential to fall off. Still don’t wear elbow pads though!

hammerite
    Free Member

Jnr has trailskins and likes them. I have POC VPD they’re bulkier than I thought they might be, but they’re really comfortable and I can ride in them all day. I got mine in a sale for about £50.

theotherjonv

how big are your knees, have a pair of g-forms in black that are a bit big for me since I lost weight. Like leg warmers with addition of impact absorbing foam.

All black so you don’t look totally like a stormtrooper!!

Size – pretty sure XL but the sublimated size came off long ago. Perfect condition, I bought them following a big crash on the Swinley pebbles and since then (touch wood) have only had soft landings in the lovely loam and pine needles of the Surrey Heath area (or when I went to BPW / Exmoor I wore my hardshells)

£20 posted.

antennae
    Free Member

I really like my IXS Flows. I had no intention of buying those (was after some POCs) but they fit my knees perfectly.

If they’re comfortable, you’ll wear them. If they’re not, you won’t.

So the real answer is: knees are weird shapes 🙂 Go to the bike shop and try on a range of pads in different sizes if you can.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some kneepads’ is closed to new replies.