Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some kneepads
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve just got a warranty refund for my RaceFace Ambush kneepads. There were really confy fit wise and being able to remove them without removing my shoes was really handy. However the inside roughed up and removed the skin from my knees every ride.

So was I unlucky and should I get more of the same or does anyone have any better suggestions?

carlos
    Free Member

Same again if you liked them that much. Worst case is return them if it happens again?

I wear ION KPact knee pads at the moment. For me they are super comfy and a real good fit. You can’t remove them with shoes on though

tmb467
    Free Member

Dainese trail skins. Had fox launch control ones but these are lighter and I don’t sweat as much in em

Edit – need shoes off tho or hang em round yer ankles

wl
    Free Member

I really like 661 Kyle Straits or whatever they’re called now. Cheap, loads of protection, don’t budge, last for years. Only drawback is that they do tend to rub my knees away if I ride for more than 4 or 5 hours in sweaty weather.

simon_g

Troy Lee 5400. Won’t go on/off without taking shoes off though.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ion kpact brill pads

I asked about these on the YT FB page and they seemed to get a resounding thumbs up – dunno if that was just fanboi’s being fanboi’s though, but they didn’t get any negative reports

acidtest
    Free Member

+1 for Dainese trail skins although only had them a couple of months but holding up well so far.

honourablegeorge

carlos – Member

I wear ION KPact knee pads at the moment. For me they are super comfy and a real good fit. You can’t remove them with shoes on though

I thought the zipper down the side was ION’s USP? Or is that a different model?

carlos
    Free Member

I thought the zipper down the side was ION’s USP? Or is that a different model?

Must be a different model as no zippers on the ones I have

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m liking my Fox Launch Pro knee pads, comfortable and unobtrusive, at least on me. The shoes need to come off to put them on though.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions, after something pretty solid. Borrowed some Kyle Straights last week and they didn’t stop me mushing my knee up!

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

Used to use some 3do pads cant remember if it was 661 evo or the raceface ones, but after last year and putting a hole through the 3do stuff and through my knee, I decided I needed something a bit more solid so went for the 7idp control pads, they are light don’t move around much when pedaling and seem to offer plenty of protection in the form of a solid case, I do find they get a little warm but would rather that than another hole in my knee.

the other ones to look at would be the Dainese armoform pads.

tom.nash

Blooming ace, first pad I have ever ridden all day in and not noticed wearing. Also saved my knees on more than one occasionhttp://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/sweet-protection-bearsuit-light-knee-pads-true-black/13139.

Northwind

Still on the kyle strait rages, very good indeed. Though, there’s a slight downside, they made the hole in the back of the knee much bigger and more open, which is great for cooling and avoiding chafage but does mean sometimes stuff falls inside the pad when you’re riding and bounces around- quite annoying! Still, all day comfy, good protection, they stay where they’re put… Exactly what a pad should do but many don’t.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve just asked this question on Facebook to a few riding groups and all avenues take me back to three options –

Dainese Trail
    Poc Joint VPD
    IXS Flow

I’m trying the IXS as the reviews seem to be universally positive.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some kneepads’ is closed to new replies.