Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • recommend me some knee pads to replace my 661 kyle straits please
  • rotary
    Free Member

find the kyle straits really comfy but they dont make em any more. tried the 661 rage/riot but didnt get on with them.

jonathan
    Free Member

I’m in a similar boat – what didn’t you like about the Rages? (as they were the obvious choice I was looking at)

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Pocs are good

Lester
    Free Member

Im loving my nukeproofs

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Nukeproof lover here too.

Cheap enough to destroy, reliable enough to get the job done. Wash well too.

bullroar
    Free Member

Know stuff do the job here. On longer rides they will slip down a little but are easy enough to pull back up and retighten (gives me an excuse for a few seconds rest at the top of a climb).

mactheknife

I had a set of POCs VPD and they were very good but had a habit of slipping a small about a bit so the pad was sitting on top of my kneecap which was pretty irritating on long rides.

Have now got a set of IXS Flows and they weigh about half of the POCs and stay put. So far i really rate them.

Just got the elbow pads for racing as well.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Kali aazis here.

Bought off the popular auction site for about 30 quid.

all day comfort.

bullroar
    Free Member

Too late to edit but that should have been Knox not know, DOH.

damascus
    Free Member

Same boat here. I use brand x mark 2 knee/shin pads. I find them all day comfy too. They don’t make them anymore but they do a mark 3 version for about £37.

I’ve been wondering what else is out there before I replace them but don’t want to buy a lemon.

I will probably play it safe and boring and buy them but open to recommendations

Del

i’ve come from the straits to the rage ones. direct replacements as far as i can tell? happy with them anyway.

You not tried 661 Evo’s?

rotary
    Free Member

jonathan – Member
    I’m in a similar boat – what didn’t you like about the Rages? (as they were the obvious choice I was looking at)

it wa either the riots or the rages i tried (cant remember which) but the top of the pad was quite large and stuck out a lot, not that comfy either.

thanks for all the feedback

Del

in response to ‘Theartist…’ I like to wash my pads after a ride, and D30 doesn’t like being washed. 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

TLD KG5450.

I’m amazed a strapless pad can stay in place just as good as my old POC & 661 KS’s.

The POC’s were great, nice an low profile, until the insides turned to sandpaper and stripped my skin. The KS’s were always ok for DH, but bunched up annoyingly for when I had to actually a pedal for more than 5 minutes.

The TLD’s are pretty slim. And don’t have the coverage of the bigger pads, but they are so much more comfortable than anything else I’ve tried, it’s quite surprising.

wl
    Free Member

Someone makes those longer pads that protect the top of your shin as well as your knee – think it’s either TLD or Scott. Listed in the Dirt 100 and supposed to be v good.

in response to ‘Theartist…’ I like to wash my pads after a ride, and D30 doesn’t like being washed.

Cheers for the info – won’t be buying any of those when my Kyle Straits die then 🙁

zelak999
    Free Member

POC VPD 2.0 for me.
    Expensive but I’ve had mine for 2 years now and still going strong.
    My Kyle Straits lasted 6 months!

gfrew88
    Free Member

If you get the Poc vpd 2.0 get a smaller size as they stretch especially when you warm up.

They might feel tight at first tho they will loosen up within 5-10 mins of riding.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some knee pads to replace my 661 kyle straits please’ is closed to new replies.