• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by v10.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend me some knee pads please STW'ers?
  • jonnyv
    Free Member

stealth,comfy and tough?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

kyle straits end of

Northwind

Not that stealthy though. But otherwise perfect

ahsat

I went from veggie knees (more stealthy, but didnt stay in place) to kyle straits and would buy them again and again and again!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

I’ve got the 661 ones with the d30 stuff in em really comfy and they work when u bale…

captaindanger

+1 for Kyle straits

ddmonkey

+1

jedi

sorry, scott grenade pads are a step up from kyle striats.

hard cap not pliable and the same in every other way

solamanda
    Free Member

661 veggie pads are awful. Kyle straits OK but I find after a while they wear and become very uncomfortable, expect to need replace them every year.

jonnyv
    Free Member

thanks all just pushed the button on the kyle straits £35 on ebay,sweet.

jedi

jeez, kyle straits are padded knee warmers

jonnyv
    Free Member

holy smoly i may have messed up there jedi,if they turn up pony i’ll send them back and go scott.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Anywhere in this country sell the Scotts?

Google turns up nout.

jedi

any scott dealer. i know my lbs has them in. marshalls cycles

solamanda
    Free Member

The Kyle straits aren’t that bad, saved me from many big hits. Most popular knee pad by a mile. They’ll be fine.

jedi

soft pliable cap. not as good protection as scott pads = fact

tested all year at herts

budgierider67

Does anyone know if the Kyle Straits much warmer in the summer than the EVO D30?

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

O’neal Dirt.

Northwind

Jedi, I tried on a pair after you recommended them so strongly on Bikeradar, seemed good… I couldn’t compare them side to side, but they seemed like they were almost identical externally, do you is it a very good copy or is it actually the same outer just with a different inner pad?

The pad felt stiffer- I could feel it pressing with bent knees- but that doesn’t mean it translates on the bike, i take it you’ve had no bother with that?

Not to be a cheapskate but they cost exactly twice as much, never felt the protection of the Straits is lacking at all so I’m not sure I’d pay that but they do seem good.

jedi

yep identical except for a hard shell inside

Northwind

I wasn’t sure if the knee hole was the same, it didn’t feel right but then I know how my brain goes sometimes so I ignored it 😉

james
    Free Member

“when u bale… “
    ‘when you bail’ surely?

I never found my kyle straits comfortable
    I just find them irratating to wear, though I suspect I would with any knee pad

iain1775
    Free Member

race face ambush
    can wear all day no problem d30 padding got mine for £35 from wiggle in sale with £5 off voucher

v10
    Free Member

Having used Kyle Straits of all types for years ive recently got some of these: Clicky Light and comfy and seem to offer better protection (although ive not tested that yet!) certainly a worthy alternative.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some knee pads please STW'ers?’ is closed to new replies.