Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Recommend me some jeans…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Niche magazines for men, eh, Jamie…….

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Niche magazines for men, eh, Jamie…….

There’s a magazine? etc etc

trail_rat
    Free Member

Van halen. Thas a name ive not heard since i was 14 . Road jeans…..

Off to google.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

And google reminds me quickly why i stopped wearing them.

Take baggy jeans wih a low crotch – add a boot cut flare and we have road jeans 🙁 shame i had some quality canvas camo roads back then that were my favorite riding trousers.

edward2000
    Free Member

Nobodys mentioned Lee jeans yet? I used to wear Levis, but they tear instead of stretch. Lee jeans i find have a little bit more give in them and i think they are much more comfortable

CountZero

I rather agree with the Grauniad article, this whole ‘grown men over 23 should wear comfortable slacks, and only listen to jazz’ is just so Daily Mail. I was surprised to see Jean Machine was back in business, I used to shop there when they had a shop in Bath. I had a lovely western-style denim shirt, pearl buttons, and nice detailing on the yoke and cuffs. Heavier denim than most shirts, I wore it for years. I’ve still got a down-filled vest/gillet, with knitted type collar, just worked out its thirty-four years old! My then girlfriend had a red one that I bought her, practically lived in the thing.
    Can’t believe the price of their jeans, £175 for relaxed raw jeans that don’t look much different to my £24 Route One jeans; that’s taking the piss.
    As regards this whole washing jeans, I’ve got a number of pairs that haven’t been washed for years, however, they only get worn at weekends during the winter, or in the evening if I go out somewhere, otherwise I wear ex-military combats to work and around the house in the winter, November to March, and shorts the rest of the year, so my jeans get very little wear, and that wear is spread across six or seven pairs, of varying vintage: some are at least ten-twelve years old, now, so about all they smell of is denim, especially my selvedge Uniqlo ones, which are irreplaceable now they’ve stopped making them. 🙁

timc
    Free Member

Several pairs of Edwin ED55’s myself, the different grades of denim used on different washes etc can make them feel different on.

Nudie range is worth checking out, Ted Baker also now do a Tapered cut as do J Brand if your flush!

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve torn holes in the arse of Wrangler and Gap jeans in under a year from cycling with them on. Should buy some Levi Commuter ones really.

No-one’s mentioned Huit Denim yet. I’d get those if I could afford them.

Bimbler
    Free Member

mookbark

julioflo
    Free Member

Recommending HIUT Denim

Started by David Hieatt, the chap who started Howies.

The jeans are made in Cardigan bay, he’s trying to resurrect the jeans manufacturing industry that was in that town until the early 2000’s.

So lots of goodness going on with them.

Standard denim are £130 and the Selvedge are over £200 I think.

I fit into the Slim. I am quite slim, but do have proper cyclist thighs. They are snug and feel like cardboard at first. But 6 months in and waiting for their first wash they feel great.

There is always their regular fit too…

fingerbike
    Free Member

I’ll second Fat Face, great jeans for the money, about £45 IIRC.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ll real off my standard Edwin, Albam, A.P.C.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

I’ve been wearing the same size Levis 501 button fly for about 45 years. The quality has gone down in that time, but I know my size and they fit the way that may no longer be stylish, but is at least familiar.

Kids these days wear jeans with the crotch so low you can’t ride a bike in them. That would be a problem for me.

Freester

Gap Bootfit

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

If you fancy something a bit special…go custom!
    http://www.rabbiedenim.com/about/

Mikkel
    Free Member

Lee Kent, could actually sit down with a pair of those on.

VanHalen

trailrat – i had a set of wiiiiide baggy road jeans lasted me 10years!

got some of teh fat cords a couple of years ago. lovely. no boot cut in sight.

its a same they seem to only make stuff sporadically but people seem to like turn ups and ankle biters these days?? i dont understand

barrytheflea
    Free Member

Levi’s and Edwin’s here. My arse looks fantastic in the Edwin’s!

brassneck

I like Howies. Bit more expensive when full price, but they last the course.

miketually
    Free Member

Posh: Hiut
    Also posh: Edwin or Nudie
    Not quite as posh: Howies

Since buying a pair for £4 in a charity shop, I’ve discovered that H&M jeans look ok and fit me. The new pair I just got on eBay cost me £8.

hora
    Free Member

Every year when Diesel and Allsaints jeans are on sale, thats when I buy jeans.

core

Next straight jeans are pretty good for those with big thighs, they’re cheap – £30 ish, and should be regarded as such, but the upside is you don’t mind wearing them for a range of stuff, and can have 2 pairs as opposed to one pair of Levi’s or similar, they might last half as long, but so what, you’ve got 2 pairs! Good range of colours too, can’t go wrong for casual/every day jeans IMO. If I scag a pair doing some work on the bike or quick bit of diy etc, I’m not gutted and just demote them to rough/ semi-rough.

^ that comes from someone who has always struggled to get jeans to fit due to thigh size, having to opt for a waste size too big, or baggy legs unless willing to pay £70 for Levi’s.

For smart/going out you need a pair of darker/heavier jeans though, and that’s where the premium brands come in.

hora
    Free Member

Suggesting Next jeans? 😯

aP
    Free Member

I’m currently liking rapha jeans, as they’re pretty nicely made, have a touch of lycra and seem to wear and wash well. Just to make it even worse I picked up a pair of the rapha+raeburn jeans in the sale as well…
    Elsewhere, I quite like uniqlo jeans (including the selvedge ones) even better are their windstopper jeans which are great for colder days.
    I have a bought some Levi’s recently but they seem expensive to me as they’re quite poorly made and fade within about 3 washes.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Single handedly destroying the jean market….

CountZero

Elsewhere, I quite like uniqlo jeans (including the selvedge ones) even better are their windstopper jeans which are great for colder days.

So did I, but sadly they no longer do selvedge Japan denim. 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

Matalan.
    £16, different leg lengths, for people who have much more interesting things to do than fanny about buying fancy pants.

toys19
    Free Member

Tesco have bog standard blue jeans for a fiver. I bought 4 pairs..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I was pleasantly surprised to comfortably fit into Diesal jeans plenty of choice in style and size also very well made and a bargain from Cheshire Oaks.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Did I see you on this blog?
    http://jeansandsheux.tumblr.com

everyone
    Free Member

So did I, but sadly they no longer do selvedge Japan denim

Getting my pair repaired because I blew the crotch out on them, I definitely intend on keeping them for as long as possible!

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some jeans…’ is closed to new replies.