Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Recommend me some jeans…
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

No connection to recent thread involving the washing of jeans (just for the record, I wash mine, as I am one of what appears to be the few people in the UK to own a washing machine).

My “authentically aged” (i.e. rather old) 758s have suffered a terminal separation of fabric in a critical area*.

I’m looking for jeans that are the opposite of “slim fit” because (a) I’m not 14 and (b) I actually have thighs instead of twigs. In this sense, the 758s were pretty good and I might just buy another pair exactly the same, but in the tradition of STW I thought I’d try and vet my life choices by the crucible of fire that is STW chat forum. Ideally the leg would be slightly looser than the 758.

So, what should I buy? Help me, hive mind.

* that would be just below the fly.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what 758s are (other than figuring they’re almost certainly Levis) but I think I probably have similar requirements and have found that Next currently do decent cut jeans to fit. Either ‘loose’ or ‘straight’ IIRC – basically they’re cut like trousers (eg the crotch isn’t round the knees) but allow me to pull them past my knees.

kcal

I too have cyclist legs; my old 501s wre lovely but just a pain to get on (and off). 751s here and they’re a good fit for the thicker of thigh..

Fit well, look good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    onandon
    Free Member

Just go to a local tk maxx and try some on.
    I find the best jeans are by seven, loads of fits, leg lengths and colors.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Gap loose or comfort fit or something like that are your friend. Or Wrangler Utah

trail_rat
    Free Member

carharrt texas have been the comfiest best wearing heavy weight denim jeans ive had

but good luck finding them for less than 70 quid a pop (in 32w 34 leg – im aware that in short/tall fatty sizes they are about 45 quid)

i resorted to Lee brooklyns and dickies Bostons – both are a nice fit but im aware they have significantly less thick material – i dont think they will last so long.

sc-xc

Diesel and G Star do jeans that fit proper thighs, and the pairs I’m wearing at the moment are plain (no distressing, holes, splatters etc)

hooli

Burton have some pretty good jeans, same concept as wiggle so order half a dozen and use collect plus to the send them back.

tonyd

I recently got some Levi 506 but they are a little tight in the thigh. Middle age has relaxed my attitude to jeans and so I also have some Wrangler something or other and some Lee something or other else. Both fit very well and appear to be more suited to the average middle aged IT desk jockey.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what 758s are (other than figuring they’re almost certainly Levis) but I think I probably have similar requirements and have found that Next currently do decent cut jeans to fit.

I put my knee through my Next jeans in less than a year…

qwerty
    Free Member

Dickies workwear jeans from eBay for £17.99

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe but they’re pretty cheap and if like me you don’t wear through knees then that’s not a major issue.

somouk
    Free Member

Either Next or Levi 505s, both excellent cuts with plenty of thigh space.

The Levis I find the comfiest and they’re £90 for two pairs from the clearance place at Cheshire Oaks.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Thanks all – yes 758s are levis, should have made that obviouser.

njee20
    Free Member

Gap for my money.

CountZero

Route One do their own range of jeans in various fittings, colours and sizes, £29.99, or two pairs for £45, so I bought two pairs of their ‘Relaxed’ fit, in raw denim and plain black, and I’m chuffed to bits with them.
    They fit really well, although it was worth trying them on in the shop, the black pair in 32 long fitted perfectly, but the raw denim were too tight, so I had to go up to 34 long. Completely anonymous, no fancy stitching, no rivets, straps, stupid logos, just a tiny black patch on the waistband saying Route One 1989.
    Which I cut off.
    They’re just really comfy, and great to wear, I’ll happily buy a couple more pairs.
    http://www.routeone.co.uk/route-one-relaxed-denim-jeans-rigid-indigo-20.html

They do baggy ones as well, but the relaxed fit is like a pair of old 501’s, just lose enough around the thighs to be comfy.
    They do excellent zip-up hoodies in various colours for the same price, with just a tiny embroidered logo on the bottom, nice thick cotton, and comfy as.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I wanted some more Levi’s that I had bought in 2005 and worn to bits. So I went on the Levi web site, put the code on the label in and voila….they still make them!

£75 and posted to me in two days, result! No **** shopping, parking, trying on etc.

tang
    Free Member

[/url] Untitled by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

MrSmith
    Free Member

Edwin ED55

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

G-Star have always lasted me years. Radar (in straight or regular/loose) are pretty good. But can be expensive for some…normally £80-100 ish.

Jamie
    Free Member

[img]http://s28.postimg.org/4ksh05bgr/121.gif[/img]

tomkerton
    Free Member

GAP loose fit (used to be called Worker) are the answer for me and my stupid oversized legs.

bonchance
    Free Member

Are all Edwin ED55 fitting like this?

MrSmith
    Free Member

No they look like a 71 which have a lower rise and a tighter fit.(I have both)

bonchance
    Free Member

think it is 55 (grabbed it here) – curious as sounded good – pics seem slimmer than expected though – maybe they sized them down for the photo..

http://www.yokiono.com/en/art/edwin-ed-55-blue-unwashed-jeans.php

MrSmith
    Free Member

http://edwin-europe.com/fit_guide_mens.php

The Nashville is also cyclist compatible

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m wearing 71’s (which are a bit slimmer than 55’s) now and to be that tight round the top of a boot I would have elephantitus of the calves and wouldn’t even get them half way up my legs and I’m quite slim. No way are they a 55.

EDIT: just looked at my pairs. It’s the Nashville that’s the most relaxed, then I have a pair of 47’s that have a lower waist and slightly narrower leg (not hipster tight) then the 55’s are similar but narrow at the bottom but nowhere near as narrow as that pic.
    HTH.

messiah
    Free Member

Fat Face ones fit my cycling legs.

castanea
    Free Member

carharrt texas have been the comfiest best wearing heavy weight denim jeans ive had

Me too, until I got my current pair of Original Tree Climbers from Arborwear. They pee all over carhart or dickies jeans. Have worn them an awful lot and love them. I have proper thighs and these are comfortable, the gusseted crotch gives loads of freedom of movement too. For me the cut of these is awesome. Smart enough to be worn with a shirt to the pub on a friday night and then I wouldn’t think twice about working in the yard all day in the mud etc in them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

That depends on your take on jeans- i might wear the brown ones casually but certainly wouldnt stretch the, to “smart”

castanea
    Free Member

That depends on your take on jeans- i might wear the brown ones casually but certainly wouldnt stretch the, to “smart”

Aye true, I don’t really do smart. I wear the moss ones myself.

IanW
    Free Member

Wrangler Texas Stretch, probably the best cycling jeans ever. Currently 20% off in debs)

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whos middle aged (27 here :))

Also – i ignore anyone that “favours” turn ups on jeans.

All that says to me is – im a fatty who cant get short enough jeans to fit my waist.

tang
    Free Member

I get my jeans from Burberry(my brother is the manager at the flagship store). A few different cuts, my legs only suit slim/skinny. Have a couple of pairs of uniqlo and Zara for men, all good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    VanHalen

Lol those arbourwear ones are proper grandad pants.

Road jeans are my fave.

**** hate next jeans I have a couple and I feel like I have sold my soul ever time I put them on. OK for smart cashual officewear but not play.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Have a look at Rohan, I hadn’t worn jeans for years, but I was persuaded to try the Rohans and now I’m in them all the time. Really comfy.

Jamie
    Free Member

Section 4

I know it’s supposed to be amusing, but I think I would rather push broken glass into my eyes than read that website again. It just screams of special kind of office bound softy who thinks reading about Steve McQueen can make them actually be Steve McQueen. Sorry, Barry. You work in accounts, and your wife thinks about your brother when your having special fun times. You are not, nor will you ever be, apart from in your own head, a testosterone dripping sexy man tank who chops down tress with their bare hands and has a beard you could park your car in. *

*No I am not overreacting.**

**Well….possibly a touch.

_tom_
    Free Member

I just get whatevers cheap from asos. I like their tapered fit, bit comfier than the slim fit around the thighs/arse but not too baggy around the calves/ankle. The most recent slim fits I got from them have been that little bit too snug around the calves though, old ones were perfect.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some jeans…’ is closed to new replies.