Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some in-ear headphones that won't fall out when commuting
  • robarnold
    Free Member

I commute an hour each way on quiet roads and like to bomb along to my iPod whilst doing so. Only problem is that the standard Apple headphones just don't suit my ears and i'm constantly having to press them back in to my lugs. I've tried using the foam bits that come with them but they don't make any difference.

A mate has some BOSE ones that are a maliable rubber-like material and come with a choice of fittings for different ear sizes. The sounnd quality is fantastic and they'd be great but the only problem is that they're seventy quid.

Can anybody recommend anything similar for a tighter budget?

Cheers

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

Sennheiser CX300 -£12 ish Amazon, brilliant things.
    I've got through 4 pairs, they're not exactly fragile, I just seem to break things. Always buy a new pair though.

nickc

Sennheiser CX300 better sound quality than the Bose, and only £25.00. Beware of copies on the net though

steve_b77
    Free Member

Personally I think you're crazy to even contemplate using an iPod when commuting, they may be quiet lanes butyou never know what might come up behind you.

footstomper
    Free Member

As above great for the money, but i still find it hard to stop them falling out, I must have funny shaped lobes 😆 tend to use a head buff tied pirate style then pulled down to cover the ear peice

amplebrew

My missus bought me a pair of Sennheiser PMX80 last year and they've been really great.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I've got some sony ones with a frame around the ear. You could bungy with them and they wouldn't come out About £18 I think they were

Taff
    Free Member

Sony are the ones I like

z1ppy

I use sennhauser MM50 headphones with my iPhone whilst MTB-ing, in-ear fitment. they still pop out occasional though, so maybe a set with the over ear loop like the Sennheiser OMX 80 Sport II Headphones maybe better (no experience of them personnally). Lots of guides on the net as to how to spot fakes, worth checking them out when you recieve them. Mine were sold by an amazon third party shop but they've been extremely helpful with a set that went faulty, so no need to worry to much about problems with a 3rd party shop on amazon

robarnold
    Free Member

Cheers for the input all, like the look of the Sennheiser cx 300 so will try them out

Steve_b77: you've obviously never been to the Isle of Man then. You should come, it's lovely and quiet (apart from the last week of May and first week of June when it goes berserk with bikes) 😀

scaredypants

mymemory were doing cheap koss ones that have the mouldable foamy bits round the drivers a few wks ago. bought some but haven't used em yet

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

steve_b77 – Member
    Personally I think you're crazy to even contemplate using an iPod when commuting, they may be quiet lanes butyou never know what might come up behind you.

tosser^^

get yourself some over the head jobbies, that fit under your helmet. otherwise you'll be forever fiddling, no matter how much you spend. you can find ones with a thin band specifically for sports applications. mine were a fiver from morrisons(JVC or something)…it's not like you need superior sound quality when you've got tons of wind blowing in your ear as well.

Rich
    Free Member

I've had Koss Sparkplugs and now have Skullcandy Ink'd, both were only cheap, and neither have ever fell out.

My favourite are the Skullcandys, though they do isolate outside noise a lot, which might not be ideal for commuting.

>These< are what I bought, good value for money if you want some larger headphones too.

zaskar
    Free Member

You could use a bluetooth sports version ear kit and stream music from your mobile (mine is wind and rain proof but going downhill my mic can sometimes pick up wind when on a call)

Only one ear so you can hear traffic

Never miss a call unless you want to…

Taff
    Free Member

Paul, Steve has a point which doesn't need bringing up again as it was about ages ago and was about 20 pages the last time it came up.

Tiger6791
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some in-ear headphones that won't fall out when commuting’ is closed to new replies.