Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • recommend me some in-ear headphones
  • ElShalimo

To replace some old ones for a Sansa mp3 player
    Budget £25 max
    Thanks

Drac

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-50-Earbuds-Mic3-Chrome/dp/B004P1IU0C/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1_JZGF

Excellent set had 2 now as keep losing them and need to order a 3rd. 😳

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have to say the new Apple ones that come with the iP5 and iPod nano are astonishingly good. I’ve never heard any better and I spent a while testing them against lode of £100++++ headphones in HMV, none of which were any better at all really. 🙂

These ones
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD827ZM/A/apple-earpods-with-remote-and-mic?fnode=75

I’d totally agree with the description. They’re well made too

ampthill
    robbonzo
    Free Member

Sound magic e10s. Brill

grum
    Free Member

E10s +1. Amazing for the price. Slightly over your budget but well worth it.

kiwijohn

Ultimate Ears. My 400vi’s have been through the wash with no harm done.

madjak
    Free Member

Sound Magic again. Sound great and very robust.

njee20
    Free Member

I have to say the new Apple ones that come with the iP5 and iPod nano are astonishingly good

I disagree, they’re very marginally better than the old ones but are woefully uncomfy, fall out at the slightest provocation and the wind noise makes them unusable whilst running/riding.

I now use Radiopaq dots, used to use CX300s, but they’d always break, the Dots last longer and cost sod all. Possibly not for the sound aficionados, but fine for me!

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Magic E10 here

budgierider67

Another vote for the Soundmagic E10

I recently bought some and they hold their own against some Shure buds I have which are three times the price.
    They are very well made too, again looking & feeling far more expensive than they cost.

fathomer

Sennheiser cx300 for me as well, I’ve got two sets, the Mrs has a set and so does her dad and none have broke yet.

CountZero

I’ve had no issues with the free Apple ‘phones that came with my iP5, up to the point I mislaid them last week. Buggerit!
    I would recommend these:
    http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_M6P_Stylish_Earphones_p/earphone-m6p-mee.htm
    Currently on sale for $34.99/£22.14
    I’ve got a couple of pairs bought on a sale price/BOGOF deal, so mine worked out at £11.07!
    They really are very good, lots of bass, once ‘burned-in’, and you can really hear them improving over several hours of listening. They’re very low-profile, and they have a good range of eartips; I favour the triple-flange ones, personally.

ElShalimo

thanks for the suggestions

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I disagree, they’re very marginally better than the old ones but are woefully uncomfy, fall out at the slightest provocation and the wind noise makes them unusable whilst running/riding.

And I disagree with you. The sound is better than the £50 Sennheisers I used before them or the other Sony ones I have. Like I said, I tested them against £100+ headphones and there was no worthwhile improvement. Fit depends on your ears. If I’m doing something I use the Sonys. If I’m just listening to music, I use the Apples. Because they sound better. 🙂

TatWink
    Free Member

Sound Magic E10’s here also, superb for the money.

TatWink
    Free Member

Sound Magic E10’s here also, superb for the money.

cakeeater
    Free Member

Sound Magic PL11’s. £20 from Amazon, great value and quality.

headfirst
    Free Member

Slight hijack: I’m after some new headphones for using at the gym, and so they need to stay in my ear when jogging. Do the magic E10’s stay put in such a situation? Or should I go for the E30’s or the PL30’s? What’s the difference between the E ones and the PL ‘phones??

Spongebob
    Free Member

A-Jays are cheap, robust, with ribbon cables that never tangle. Great bass response and good overall sound ( though more expensive units are better). Total bargain at just £20!

justatheory
    Free Member

wind noise makes them unusable whilst running/riding.

I find that hard to believe considering I find the old ones perfectly usable when running. Unusable…really?

superfurryhead
    Free Member

Having worked somewhere that sells headphones I can strongly suggest avoiding Skullcandy budget phones they were 90% of the faults the other 10% were the Apple ones, cheap and nasty IMHO.

Sennheiser would be at the top of my list and if it’s for sport the Addidas range are top quality (if they’re still available), otherwise you can’t go wrong with Sony for durability, used the cans for DJ’ing for years and in-ear for portable never had problems with build

meesterbond

The Meelec ones Countzero listed above are excellent – arrived very quickly too.

I bought them for snowboarding mainly as they sit really flat to your ear, so you can wear a hat / helmet over the top. Sound pretty good too, plus to date they’ve been completely reliable.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Slight hijack: I’m after some new headphones for using at the gym, and so they need to stay in my ear when jogging. Do the magic E10’s stay put in such a situation? Or should I go for the E30’s or the PL30’s? What’s the difference between the E ones and the PL ‘phones??

I use the soundmagic E10s on the bike and there pretty good at staying put. You get lots of different buds with them to get a nice fit, I use the double flanged ones and jam them right in.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I bought some Soundmagic E10s on the recommendation of this thread & various reviews.
    Have just run them in playing LTJ Bukem all day & just been listening to a variety of stuff with them, definitely worth the £30 imo.
    Not sure they will stay in place any better than other in-ear buds, fingers crossed though as they’re for the 3 mile walk to/from work!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some in-ear headphones’ is closed to new replies.