Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me some headphones.
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Left my akg 450s in Sheffield for a wedding. Annoyed.

Seen the AKG 50s and the Beltron BN15/HD800. The first gets the magazine accolades, the latter two get fantastic consumer reviews on Amazon.

Anyone recommend anything sub-£50.

On ear/over ear please.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I’d stay clear of the Beltron stuff. Build quality isn’t great and sound quality is poor on the ones I have had. I think there is a reason why they are always discounted.

I did find these though on the Creative site, and sound quality is stunning. Wouldn’t pay Creative Rrp though: https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/aurvana-in-ear2-plus

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sorry that this recommendation is way above the price point but I’ll make it anyway, just in case.

The B*W P5s are really very good indeed. When launched, the retailed for around £250 and indeed, the most up to date version, which are wireless, cost this much new.

But the wired ones now cost £120 new and you can get them used for around £80 (there are dozens on eBay for example).

They are excellent and worth the step up in cost from the price point you’re looking at. (think of them as being £250 ‘phones you can buy at a 50% discount if you will).

csb

Geetee talks sense. On the back of the what turntable thread and this one I’m listening to acdc on vinyl through sennheiser hd600s and its unreal how good the sound is. If you can get cheap used top quality headphones do it.

csb

duplipost

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

For sound quality, goldring are excellent.

Shame they’ve gone up in price, but maplins ‘yoga’ dj style headphones are highly impressive…

They fold up for travel.
    They’ve got a curly lead which is less annoying and tangle prone than a regular cable.
    They’ve got a nice, even frequency response. Every other headphone at this price tries to batter you with bass, but these let you hear much, much more.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

AKG Y50 doing it for me. Full and tight for the price. Handy folding design – v comfortable. Seen them for £48-£75 so worth shopping about. Previously used Creative Aurvana Live, RHA and Grado (tank-commander style!)

slimjim78
    Free Member

Grahams advice is sound (pun intended) – that’s a stonking price for P5s which are stunning earphones, and have been on my lust list for years.

I was a faithful AKG451 user for several years and swear by them, but was fortunate to be given a set of AKG Y50BTs last Christmas and have used thems for several hours per day since – amazing Bluetooth headphones for the money – if you can stretch to the circa £90 price (shop around) then the liberation of being untethered to your source plus an amazing battery life means you’ll be very glad that you spent the extra.

mehr
    Free Member

Xiaomi over or in ear, for the price ny far the best bang fro your buck

razorrazoo

B&W outlet is a good place to shop for recertified headphones. I have p5s which I bought used a couple of years ago, they’re lovely things. I’ll eventually get the wireless ones and keep the wired ones for guitar practice.

Outlet link

onlysteel
    Free Member

P9s on the B&W outlet site. Must resist…….

holmes81
    Free Member

Another AKG451 fab here ( for office use)

Grado sr60 if you want to be antisocial whilst travelling.

If you’re happy with the AKGs why not just replace with the same?

stoofus
    Free Member

I maybe wrong but thought AKG stopped the 450 series in favour of the Y50s.

It’s also the do I really need Bluetooth headphones. Seems like a good idea but I can see me being pissed off with running out of charge.

Y50S/Y50BT/P5s it seems….

slimjim78
    Free Member

do I really need Bluetooth

Exactly what I thought, then tried em, won’t go back now.

Charge em at my desk via micro USB maybe once a week, takes a couple of hours. That’s at least 30hrs of service from one charge. Can be hard wired for use whilst charging too, just carry the cable in the carry case if it worries you that much?
    The Y50BTs are also solidly built and leak virtually no sound which is great for office use. Cancel out most ambient noise too.

simonalex99

Sennheiser hd 558. But are £90 on sennheiser outlet site. Might find some on ebay

ElShalimo

Anyone use the B&W P3s?

beanum

I too am very happy with my AKG Y50BTs.

The only problem I have is that when folded up the edge of one earphone hits the power button on the other so I can hear them powering up and down in my bag…

ElShalimo

Do any of you listen to lossless files and notice the difference with these headphones?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some headphones.’ is closed to new replies.