Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me some good radio
  • binners

As the title really.

Mary Anne Hobbs is sitting in for LaLa, and her simpering insipid gibberish makes me want to go postal with a Kalashnikov for some reason. So I need an alternative

I’m just listening to John Grants Songs From a Dark Place about Icelandic music, which is great.

So what else do I need to catch up on? Good tunes, interesting documentaries, anything really. Iplayer is my oyster.

Any suggestions?

terrahawk
    Free Member

50% Radio 4, 50% Sleaford Mods.
    sorted.

MoreCashThanDash

Mayo and Kermods film reviews on 5Live?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well this is STW so how about some Kylie on DID…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06rl9s5

And the Infinite Monkey Cage on General Relativity was pretty good too…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06ss0yr

binners

That Seaford Mods album has been getting some hammer of late anyway Terrahawk. Album of the year for me!

boblo
    Free Member

I enjoyed Kylie on DID the other day. She came to across as genuinely as someone in her situation could do. Noice.

terrahawk
    Free Member

get the back catalogue on Spotify. ‘Tiswas’ is a classic.

hatter

The Bugle

You’re welcome.

thenorthwind

I remember that John Grant program when it was first on – was it really a year ago?! Listening again now, thanks for the reminder.

Happy solstice everyone.

jekkyl

dubstep beyond.

slowoldman

Radio 3 are doing a “Northern Lights” special at the moment, featuring Nordic music (even Bjork managed to get on the play list!). If you’re an insomniac, Late Junction on R3 is brilliant.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Podcasts?

Been listening to Graham Hunters footie stuff a lot recently, He’s a Scottish Journo, based in Spain, but his interviewing is pretty good.

So far enjoyed –

Souness
    Waddle
    Butcher
    Champagne Charlie

damion
    Free Member

As jekkyl says:

http://somafm.com/

Lush is my go to atm.

BoardinBob

That Sleaford Mods album has been getting some hammer of late anyway Terrahawk. Album of the year for me!

😕

I’m convinced they’re a Brass Eye-esque spoof and Chris Morris will reveal all any day now. Horrifically bad.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Guardian Football weekly or is it too painful at the moment? 😀 sorry

globalti
    Free Member

Radio 4 is excellent all day long while we folk are stuck in our offices. Then at 5.30 it turns into a news and current afairs channel; still good but nothing like as interesting.

MartynS

Radio X 6.30-10
    Nice fella, does a podcast as well. Would you like me to sign you up for it??

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some good radio’ is closed to new replies.