• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend me some good long distance Bibb shorts..
  • danjthomas
    Free Member

It’s a minefield out there!

Nothing worse than overrated junk on a long ride.

1-shed
    Free Member

http://m.howies.co.uk/mens/clothing/cycle/bib-sh34rts-black.html I’ve found these very good. Do a forum search lots of recommendations. 3/4 bibs are good for 6 months of the year. Cheers 1 shed.

ianfitz
    Free Member

How long do you mean? Decathlon/Howies/gore bibs good. For longer rides assos are unbeatable for comfort.

You need to try them on though as a very personal thing

jonba
    Free Member

dhb aeron pro from wiggle.

mtbfix

Endura FS260 for me. Plus arse lard for anything over 2hrs.

siloseven
    Free Member

the ones fom decathlon have a very good pad- a real bargain at around £20

danjthomas
    Free Member
    mrblobby
    Free Member

dhb aeron pro from wiggle.

This for me. Everyone’s arse is different but the cytech pad in the dhb pro range really works for me.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Assos.. sooo comfy! Like a second skin..

longmover
    Free Member

Chapeau are pretty good, I have red pad ones.

Spud

Assos and Rapha did me for LEJOG over 9 days in 2013. Still going strong, the equally silly priced Castelli died a death when the pad stitching came undone.

duntstick
    Free Member

Assos equipe are very comfy and bag your bits and bobs up nicely, so the chipolata doesn’t look too silly.
    Lot’s of dosh, but I will fork out for another pair when these are done

peteimpreza

Assos

willchrist
    Free Member

have tried good quality bibs such as Assos, Gore, and POC but the ones that come out on top for me were Surgoi. Have done a few 100 mile consecutive days in them without any sore bits.

iain1775
    Free Member

Craft
    Check if Start cycles have them cheap

siloseven
    Free Member

These the ones you mean at decathlon?

yes, they are the ones I have

wilburt
    Free Member

TBH I find them all pretty much the same but some models have certain flaws that are not always consistant to the brand.
    Things I look for:
    Hardish pad, theres no point in a pad thats like a dish sponge.
    Strong material, difficult to spot but I usually wear out the material either bu friction or some just seem to perish.
    Poor stitching, thats anything from endura, who follow the spend your money on marketing rather than product model of business.
    Straps that stay on your shoulders, I’ve had a couple of pairs that were just badly designed in this respect.
    Good length in the leg, not too short etc.
    Nice finish on the seams, no chunky hems etc.
    Drop section I can get my John Thomas out of.

All of which makes it pretty hard to by them online 🙂 my faves are probably Pearl Izumi.

wynne
    Free Member

Lusso’s higher end offerings are very good now. The quality and durability is great – and they’re very reasonably priced and made in Manchester. I’ve owned most other brands including assos, castelli, pearl izumi, giordana (also very good), bioracer, sportful but have come back to Lusso as they seem to have put a lot of effort into improving their products over recent years.

bob_summers

Last couple of assos bibs i’ve had turned brown after a couple of seasons. Not seen any other brand do that.
    As long as the pad is decent and the fit and material keeps it in the right place, I don’t really find much difference between the better ones. I like the dhb pro as above.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Decathlon 700 bibs arrived today.. Comfy and feel good quality. Pad is different to what I’m used to on mtb basic stuff. Proof will be in the pudding… Literally

robcolliver
    Free Member

How much washing of said shorts are you planning?

thomthumb
    Free Member

red white

never tried em though…

danjthomas
    Free Member

I wash mine after every ride to stop me getting gangrene, jock itch and salmonella. I now have three pairs for a 4 day trip to Mallorca.. Dare 2b ones included and I can honestly say the pad it pants… Literally

lunge

Those will do you a right job, I used that pad for London to Paris in 24 hours and Manchester to London in 24 hours. No chafing, no numbness, no issues.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some good long distance Bibb shorts..’ is closed to new replies.