Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some good headphones please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m looking for in the ear buds for ipod/iphone. I’ want some good quality buds but for not crazy amounts of money. Any recommendations please?

frogstomp

Just got some SoundMagic E10S.. well reviewed and sound pretty good!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Perhaps incredibly, you’ll be hard-pushed to get better quality for the money than the Apple EarPods.

somafunk

Perhaps incredibly, you’ll be hard-pushed to get better quality for the money than the Apple EarPods

Perhaps if you are totally tone deaf otherwise there is a multitude of options that offer vastly improved sound response, check out RHA Audio and make your choice according to your budget and needs. Or if you don’t like any of them then genuine Sennheiser CX300’s are a good choice for a budget listen

Personally at the moment I have a choice of Etymotic ER4-P and Klipsch X-10 for earphones but I have a hankering for the Sennheiser IE80’s as I think they sound amazing, I’m firmly a believer of the Sennheiser sound signature though as I also have Senheiser Amperior on ear headphones so I may be biased.

rsl1
    Free Member

+1 for soundmagic e10 (e10s if you want a mic) I got some recently based on how good the review was on what hifi. Very very impressed, significantly better than my old CX500’s – keep hearing bits of songs that I’ve never noticed before!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

What do you mean by “not crazy amounts of money”?

I have some Klipsch X10 and they’re amazing. They were a gift from the boss so I didn’t do any research and doubt they did either. I’ve been converted though. The sound blows away anything I’ve heard before. If they broke tomorrow, I don’t think I could go back to cheapy ones.

DrJ

Is there something wrong with my ears – the Apple ones simply don’t stay in. Plus they leak like hell annoying the people round you. Normally I’m a bit of an Apple fanboi but these things are crap 🙁

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Shure 425’s here, well happy. Use them almost daily for long periods of time. Sound superb to me.

You can get iphone leads for them too that can take calls, adjust volume, skip through songs. These leads are detachable from the ear pieces so if you ruin the cable / jack etc, its not junking your expensive ear phones.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Shure SE215.

Apart from the dodgy (replaceable) cables, they’re really good. Excellent fit too and the cable goes over your ear to keep them in place.

I have a set of Klipsch Image S4 in my drawer that I use if I forget my Shures. I can’t believe the difference when I go back to the Klipsch, sounds like I’m listening down a phone line!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I have the same problem DrJ. The nice thing about better buds is when they have a selection of different ‘rubbers’ to fit your ears.

I have slightly different ones in each ear. They never fall out and are comfy as anything.

beej

RHA user here, very happy with them.

z1ppy

RHA MA450i user here, good price and great warranty, very nice ppl all round 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sennheiser CX300 for listening to music on my phone. Bass is perfect and not too overpowering. Really shows up if a piece of music hasn’t been mastered properly though.

Sennheiser hd25 for hifi and music production

binners

Another vote for Sennheiser CX300’s. I’ve had a good few sets of headphones (I’m always losing them) and the Sennheisers are noticeably better than owt else. Just going to order myself another set now. Lost ’em again, and had to resort to some shite JVC’s I had lying around

huggis
    Free Member

RHA MA600i – I went through a LOT and ended up with these

BoardinBob

I’ve been really impressed with my A-Jays. I actually bought an extra pair for no real reason! Really good sound quality, no sound bleed and most importantly of all a genuine tangle free cable!

http://www.jays.se/a-jays

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Perhaps if you are totally tone deaf otherwise there is a multitude of options…

There are a multitude of options anyway, but as a musician with experience in audio recording, field recording, editing and sound design, I would say that the EarPods are a perfectly good option for £30 and considerably better than many of that ‘multitude’. My working headphones are Sennheiser HD-25. I’ll concede that their ergonomic design may not be the best – they do sometimes feel like they’re balanced on my ears rather than placed in them. I wonder why your reaction is so extreme.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Thanks for the postings people, lots to go on there, I’ll do some more research. I’m familiar with the Sennheisers and may go back to those but will also look at the others, so much choice out there!

CountZero

somafunk – Member
    Perhaps incredibly, you’ll be hard-pushed to get better quality for the money than the Apple EarPods
    Perhaps if you are totally tone deaf otherwise there is a multitude of options that offer vastly improved sound response, check out RHA Audio and make your choice according to your budget and needs. Or if you don’t like any of them then genuine Sennheiser CX300’s are a good choice for a budget listen

Personally at the moment I have a choice of Etymotic ER4-P and Klipsch X-10 for earphones but I have a hankering for the Sennheiser IE80’s as I think they sound amazing, I’m firmly a believer of the Sennheiser sound signature though as I also have Senheiser Amperior on ear headphones so I may be biased.
    I’m totally with Threefish here, there’s nothing at all wrong sonically with Apple EarPods, and they stay in my ears perfectly well. I have a pair of Etymotic ER6i’s that I bought ages ago because lots of people on here recommended them, even had custom eartips made, and they were a real disappointment, due to the total lack of any bass response.
    I’ve only started wearing them again after I discovered an app called EQu which allowed me to create a custom curve to bring the bass back.
    I have, somewhere, a pair of Klipsch X-10’s which I got in exchange for a pair of UE SuperFi 5’s that broke, and they were horrid, the vocals sounded hollow and strangled, just like Threefish said.
    My usual phones during the day for listening to 6Music are my EarPods, otherwise I use the Etymotics through EQu, and my Shure SE215’s, my UE SuperFi 3 Pro or my UE TripleFi 10 Studio ‘phones.
    With reference to the shonky replacement remote cable for the SE215’s, as mrjmt says, mine started to split all over the place, so after some research, I discovered that Logitec sell a remote cable for the UE 900 phones, which has the same connector, and which cost £18! They do shaft you on postage, though; around £6.50 for a tiny little envelope!
    It comes in a rather fetching bright blue, rather than the usual black, too.
    Here: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/promotions/6423
    You need the vi cables for UE 900 at the top right. £20, at the moment.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some good headphones please.’ is closed to new replies.