Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some good disc hubs, please :o)
  • bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Hope Hoops Pro 2’s for a year or so, but i just can’t put up with the clicking noise anymore. I’ve looked DT and CK but i wasn’t planning on spending that much.

I’m looking for QR front and rear and 6 bolt. Anyone got anything good to say about XT or XTR hubs, or are there any others i should be looking at.

Thanks

oscarlee
    Free Member

just pack the hope pro 2s with loads of grease that will make them quiet i have with mine most hubs make the stupid noise now

bikeneil
    Free Member

I tried that about 6 months ago and it worked for about 30 miles then it came back. Maybe i’ll try some thicker grease. I just thought it was a good excuse for some new hubs 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

XTR are almost silent freehubs. But theyre not cartridge bearings (which is a whole other argument) so you need cone spanners to service (and their 20mm front hub needs a massive v special 24mm cone spanner…) and youll need centrelock to 6bolt adaptors for them.

Superstarcomponents superleggera are a bit screamy but not nearly as irritating as hope. Nicely put together too. and v easy to strip and service.

American Classics are nice and not very loud either, but I dont think theyre particularly robust.

Revolvers are kind of middle ground.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’m really not adverse to servicign cup/cone hubs. I want a reasonably quiet freehub and a good reliable hub with a good spares back up. So, i’ll have a look at XTR’s. I don’t mind running centre locks either.

ben
    Free Member

XTR then, they’re super stealthy silent.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Any reason to go for XTR over SLX or XT? Other than maybe weight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some good disc hubs, please :o)’ is closed to new replies.