Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Recommend me some garden lights
  • Uphilldowndale
    Free Member

Singletrack hive mind can you recommend me some lighting for the garden.

Looking to have some ambient lighting around a patio and to light some steps and a path. Don’t want anything too bright but enough to “get around” in the area. Would ideally like low voltage for safety. Current thought is some thing contemporary looking, stainless small pillar lamps for example.

Cheers.

CountZero

I would have though pretty much any garden centre or your nearest Wilco would have a good range of styles.
    I bought a solar powered ‘string’ of lights, which are contained in a clear flexible tube, and are pretty bright.
    I got them to highlight my tent last weekend, and ended up wrapping them around one of the guy-ropes, because people kept tripping over it despite them being dayglo orange with reflective threads; people don’t seem to understand the concept of using a torch after dark to see where you’re going!
    It worked very well, so it might be worth considering using those, each ‘rope’ or ‘string’ is 5m long, and could be clipped along a path, for example.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Cheap self-contained solar lights can be very unreliable, with little light output and a short life.

Some of them also have Ni-Cd batteries in, so any claim of environmentally friendly credentials is b/s.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some garden lights’ is closed to new replies.