Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some fun lights for my wheels
  • leffeboy

I’ve got a bunch of ‘hokeyspokes’ that are fun on the commuter in winter but they eat a ton of batteries and are heavy (18 AAs for 2 sets of 3). Anyone else here got anything they would recommend?

toofarwest

How about those Monkeylectric jobbies?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I found a gizmo in my bike bits the other day, that I bought 5 years or so ago and I cannot recall the name of them…

The plastic battery case (2xAA) attach to the hub, with an optic tube that spirals out and hooks up to the tyre valve. It can either do a static colour fires down the tube, or phase different colours in/out.

Other basic ones I have lying around, that needs new (CR3032? like pc motherboard) batteries are Spokelits.

leffeboy

monkeylights are looking quite good, I’ll nose a bit further. Amazed to see that hokeyspokes still seem to be going as well. The problem they all have is unless you’ve got lots you need to ride like a maniac to make them look good

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Most of their stuff can be found cheaper elsewhere, but http://www.glow.co.uk/glow-cycling.html might enlighten you. 😉

leffeboy

and THAT is why I asked on here. Brilliant. I like the one that shows your speed on the wheel.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Imagine if Fuze Writer could work in sync live with Strava, letting those around you know your just completed segment achievement! 😆

Oh, ~£13 on Amazon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some fun lights for my wheels’ is closed to new replies.