Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me some flat, grippy, quick drying shoes
  • vorlich
    Free Member

…that don’t cost the earth.

Does such a thing exist?

weeksy

Flip flops.

jam-bo

quite liking my new tevas.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AntLockyer
    Free Member

Plimsoles.

13thfloormonk

All the outdoor shops have got these new vibram shoes that are basically a thin vibram sole and a mesh upper, would be amazing although I bet you could feel your pedal pins through them. I’d love a pair for camping and general dicking about but they’re £85 🙁

kiwijohn

Dunlop Volleys.

vorlich
    Free Member

So are there other alternatives to Teva, 5:10 and Shimano, other than say Etnies, DC or another skate shoe?

I reckon cycling in flip flops is best left to waxed mustache hipsters. 😛

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

Do other folk machine wash their shoes after a ride? I’ve just been using skate shoes for a while but am considering “Upgrading” to a shoe designed for flats. I just wonder how well Tevas or similar shoes would stand up to washing.

Or perhaps some suggestions of alternatives to machine washing? I cant seem to get through a ride without at least once putting my shoe in a muddy puddle…

weeksy

Or perhaps some suggestions of alternatives to machine washing? I cant seem to get through a ride without at least once putting my shoe in a muddy puddle..

Why does it matter if your cycling shoes are dirty the next time you leave the house ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or perhaps some suggestions of alternatives to machine washing? I cant seem to get through a ride without at least once putting my shoe in a muddy puddle…

Not washing them. Serisouly. Just dry them out with newspaper somewhere warm (but not so warm they shrink) then a quick brush to remove the dried on mud. Probably wash mine once a year in a bucket of lunke warm water if they’re getting offensively funky smelling.

As for which shoes, 5.10 freeriders get my vote, £55 online. Or if not those any skate shoes from TK maxx, look for ones with nice stiff soles. I doubt any could be described as quick drying though.

ton

just a quick headsup for anyone considering buying some teva links.
    comfiest shoes i have ever worn, but far far from being waterproof.

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

Why does it matter if your cycling shoes are dirty the next time you leave the house ?

Not washing them. Serisouly.

Yeah fair point… I guess I just don’t like that gritty sandy muddy feeling when putting on a shoe.

Perhaps I should just man up…

Neil-F
    Free Member

Loadsa different outdoor type shoes from Karrimor, Hi-tec etc etc….. not exactly completely flat soles, but fine for pedals with decent pins.
    Why are bike specific shoes so expensive anyway?

vorlich
    Free Member

5.10 freeriders get my vote, £55 online

Where? Cheapest I can find is £70.

grum
    Free Member

I doubt they’re quick drying but very happy with my new 5.10 freerider Danny McCaskill editions from free flow bikes – £57

vorlich
    Free Member

Never heard of Freeflow until now, I’ll check those out. Ta.

Quick drying was my moon on stick attribute. My Mavic Switchbacks are soft shell and brilliant if stuffed with newspaper. Really fast drying. It’s just a pity the aesthetic of flat shoes seems to come before out and out functionality.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Loadsa different outdoor type shoes from Karrimor, Hi-tec etc etc….. not exactly completely flat soles, but fine for pedals with decent pins.
    Why are bike specific shoes so expensive anyway?

On the first pont, I started in some Karimoor aproach shoes, they’re nothing compared to even the cheepest TKMaxx skate shoes in terms of grip. Which might explain the second point too. That and loads of people wear trainers, barely anyone buys cycling shoes, economies of scale and all that.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some flat, grippy, quick drying shoes’ is closed to new replies.