• This topic has 52 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Recommend me some films to watch please
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Rec and Rec 2 (Spanish)

Horror

hora
    Free Member

amelie. Thread closed.

Mintyjim

Bad Boy Bubby. Thread closed.

hora
    Free Member

Nice tats you’ve got there Flo’. Great big woppers there be.

Also one of my all time faves 8)

racefaceec90

oh yeah,i forgot eraserhead. i remember waking from a drunken stupor (do not drink now though 😉 around 3am (had the tv on still) guess what was on 😉 man was that trippy or what 🙂 (i don’t do drugs i’d like to add 😉

stayhigh

The last two films I saw were:

The boy in the striped pyjamas (very moving film imo)

Return of the Jedi (its a classic)

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

who the heck suggested Valhala Rising, its utter crap!!! the wordst film I’ve ever experienced

duffmiver
    Free Member

Drop dead Fred.

z1ppy

Hopefully not repeating too many that have been previously posts & only a few as I could go on for hours:

Grosse Point Blank – fantastic 80’s sound track, John Cossack in great the role he’s repeated performed ever since (see it once, so you don’t need to see the repeats) & a bunch of good actors having fun.

Leon the Professional – this is the director cut version of ‘Leon’, with an extra 15 minutes of film which add’s to the story & allows it to make a bit more sense. You see a longer relationship develope between the main characters, rather than seemingly meeting and the climax.

Taxi – The french comedy not De Niro’s “taxi driver” or the Queen fricken Latifah re-shite do. Subtitled, but again some great music (bloody sound track cd has a loads of lousy french DJ’s added – very very annoying). Ignore the bullets missing everything and just enjoy the french having fun with a 405…

Alien and maybe Aliens but none of the others are worth bothering with, prepared to jump & become scared of the dark.

Black Hawk Down – It’s just very very good, and lots of guns for the ‘boys’.

Animated:
    Toy Story – all of them, just watch them, you need to
    Shrek – the 1st is the best, the other are a bit pap
    Up – If you don’t cry or at least become a bit sniffy with the 1st 10 minutes, your not human, but them it’s GREAT! …Squirrel!

Ghost busters, Zomieland, Star Wars (IV to VI).. loads and loads of great movies about

hora
    Free Member

Another for me, that wasn’t a commercial success. Skip the first 25mins of Savior and it turns from a horrid US B movie into a bleak, depressing but touching Balkans-homemade feel film.

Everytime I watch it I end up drinking a lot 🙁

Youtube savior trailer (the cack bit is the cafe blowing up)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Taxi – The french comedy not De Niro’s “taxi driver” or the Queen fricken Latifah re-shite do. Subtitled, but again some great music (bloody sound track cd has a loads of lousy french DJ’s added – very very annoying). Ignore the bullets missing everything and just enjoy the french having fun with a 405…

Oh yeah! One of my faves! Soundtrack includes much from the marvellous IAM.

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile
    Cool Hand Luke
    all 3 are prison movies

Cassablanca – cynical bar owner tries to play the nazis off against the vichy French while wishing that his ex hadn’t turned up in town

A Fistful of Dollars / For A Few Dollars More / The Good The Bad & The Ugly, in that order. Spaghetti westerns, what more do you need to know.
    Pale Rider & High Plains Drifter too. Oh, and Two Mules For Sister Sarah.

Repo Man (the 1980s one with Emilio Estevez & Harry Dean Stanton, not “The Repo Men”)

On The Waterfront

iolo
    Free Member

Revenge of billy the kid.

A true classic

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some films to watch please’ is closed to new replies.