Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me some cycling clothing for kids…
  • mefster
    Free Member

Great family afternoon on the bikes today: our 6 and 4 year old boys are now both pretty able on their bikes. Being able to cover some more distance and being able to get up some gentle inclines (with the odd ‘turbo-boost) and control their descending speed adds a little more interest to rides and gives us a taster of what to look forward to.

Our 6 year old had one big off early on. Quite a deep gash in his knee but soldiered on. Gloves helped to protect his hands from scrapes. Realised should get his little brother some.

Which leads me on to my question: there are a few items of children’s kit on the market (although more youth than younger children) and more on line than in the LBS. Been really impressed with the little Fox gloves and the boys Dare2Be soft shell jackets bought in the sale have been fantastic.

I know with any kids sportswear, if it’s well thought out and well made it can be excellent, if not can really hinder. With a birthday coming up, can you recommend any kid-specific gear? (Gloves, jerseys, baggies, waterproofs etc.)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Take them to decathlon.

mcnultycop

^^^^^ this

peabrain
    Free Member

Mine wear motocross trousers. Shred kids stuff looks good, and they are going to be doing mtb shorts soon.

My littlest got motocross gloves when he was 2 so they go very small – still wearing the same pair at 3.5!

mefster
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips- there are a few bits I’ve found on the Decathlon cycling website- although appear more Lycra ‘Racing Snake’ than casual trail-based. Can’t find a dedicated kids clothing section on the website. I will try to pop into the Stockport store. I know with ski gear- you have to get in early before they sell out- is it the same with cycling fear or is it more of an all-year activity?

MX gloves sound like a good plan. Our 6 year old’s Fox gloves are like this and have been great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some cycling clothing for kids…’ is closed to new replies.