Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • recommend me some cheap but good forks for my lads new bike
  • shaggmiester
    Free Member

I’ve bought him a second hand Scott voltage on ebay, nice bike but front end very heavy having cheap forks that have about 30mm travel and act like a pogo stick, looking for something under £100 second hand or maybe any good deals about, all advise much appreciated. Cheers.

wwaswas

old style SIDS or 80mm Reba’s.

Measure the A-C on his current forks so you don’t jack the front of the bike up too much.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ll have some 100mm Rockshox Tora Solo Air for sale soon 🙂

mangoridebike

shaggmeister – is it the 24in or 26in version?

I’ve got my son a 2nd hand 24in version in anticipation of a growth spurt, but the forks are a bit goosed on it, I’m interested in what the options are for 24in forks.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Cheers guys, mowgli, I may be interested, mangoridebike, it’s the 26″ think it may be slightly big for him but he handles it well and I got a good price for it and the main thing is he loves it! 🙂
    It’s a single speed but I might put gears on it, with nice light forks on I think it would do him well as an all round mtb.

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Cough cough 😆

matt_outandabout

I bought some Marzocchi Super Fly’s (£50) for sons Trek and a set of Manitou Mars’ (£40), both from Retrobike.
    Both hold air and have good damping, the Marzocchi is the better fork (smoother, stiffer, better condition, easy to work on).
    I run with v’s, but both are disc compatible.

Trek 4300 by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

Carron Valley by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

moniex
    Free Member

Rock shox dukes, had one on my sons old bike. Air and cheap, picked ours up for £50.

ianv
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rockshox-SID-race-Dual-Air-Suspension-Fork-/350820638644?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item51ae8a1fb4

Just over 3 hrs to go and close enough to pick up.

My son and his mate both have rebas on their hardtails, this would be a good bet if you can find any in the price range.

MartynS

I realise this isn’t a wanted ad, so forgive me for being cheeky but I’ve a set of brand new rockshox tk32 I have been meaning to try to sell, they’d be within budget!

Mail me if you want pics, are interested.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some cheap but good forks for my lads new bike’ is closed to new replies.