Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • recommend me some cheap but decent winter gloves pls.
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

please, i’m freezing!

Edric64
    Free Member

No Fear snowboard gloves about 8 quid in lilywhites

fasthaggis

Some people rate the Aldi ski gloves .

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Mace Cryogens at £25ish are very nice.

madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

Either Lidl or Aldi ski/snowboarding gloves incredibly warm but can restrict shifter movement. Great with singlespeed or gripshift though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CRC have shimao and others IIRC reduced to £10.

andyha
    Free Member

Shimano Pro Ultimate Winter Gloves

had them on Friday afternoon hands were still warm

takisawa2

Asda Snow-boarding gloves, here. Bit extreme. No issues shifting with them once they loosen up. If not sub-zero the Aldi neoprene ones are excellent.

markinoxon
    Free Member

45 minute ride to work this morning in minus 7 with nice toasty hands. I just wear a pair of walking gloves (North Face pamir windstopper with grippy palm and fingers) over my fingerless ridng gloves which take up the slack material. Works a treat for me.

mieszko
    Free Member

I had a 30min ride from work in -10 today and Knog Nomad gloves proved to be nice and toasty, anything colder than that I would have to put some merino liner under for a short ride but my hands would be fine without the liner on a longer ride once they warm up. Gloves are rated from -5 to +8 but being a bit bulky they are a bit problematic when used on a road bike as shifting on STI’s is a problem. MTB, shifting and braking no problem. Not really cheap now as still over £28 on eBay.

If You go the cheap route and buy some snowboarding/ski gloves, take something like a lock on grip or even a small bottle to see how they feel when You hold the grip/bottle. Every cycling glove I had had a longer thumb as when You grip the bars it won’t feel too tight. My normal Berghaus windstopper goves are not as good for riding compared to others due to the cut. Aldi/Lidl cycling stuff is good value for money, always worth a look as they had a winter clothes special day recently.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Extremities Velo Gloves are worth a try.

J0N
    Free Member

Try arm warmers. You start losing heat as soon as blood starts traveling down your arm. I think that wind proofness is the key keeping the whole length of your arm warm will help your hands.

Not tried Bspoke Gloves but they are cheap atm.

I love my standard Leather gloves. They won’t deal with lots of sweat but breath okay and are wind & shower proof.

italspark
    Free Member

costco were selling head ski gloves for £16 a couple of weeks ago………………toasty !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some cheap but decent winter gloves pls.’ is closed to new replies.