Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some bib shorts
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Something that will last, looks good, has a decent pad (don't like them stupidly thick, like you're sitting on a cushion) and gripper, and I can still go for a wee wee out of.

Hopefully under or around £80, if that's not asking too much.

I have looked at the Specialized BG Pro RBX Bib Shorts, as they sell them in my LBS so I would be able to try them on first. Anyone got any experiences with these?

njee20
    Free Member

Gore Ozon, much prefer them to the Spesh ones personally.

Baldysquirt

I haven't had them long, but the Altura Pro Gel bibs I've got are extremely comfy compared to anything Endura I owned before, and are only £50.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

DHB from wiggle, they are really comfy (well compared to some I've tried)

And really quite cheep too.

Never found a pair of bibs I could pee out of though.

aP
    Free Member

Etxe Ondo – pretty comfy, seem pretty robust, low fronted for peeing.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Spesh Comp ones – nice very comfy – £55 – not sure if thats in your price range?

RealMan
    Free Member

At the moment I'm torn between Giordana Tenax Carbon Bib Shorts and Gore Bike Wear Ozon II Bibtight Cycling Shorts. Anyone used the Giordanas?

FuzzyWuzzy

Of the pricey shorts I have I prefer the DHB Knowles over Assos Unos but they're both around £100. I have some of the Spesh BG Pro RBX bibs to and although the pad is good the legs are just weird, they're almost knee-length on me and flap loosely where the grippers are (I have quite chubby legs and all my other shorts are on the tight side at the grippers). Doesn't seem to affect the comfort though and they don't ride up, just look odd (but I only wear those under baggies so not visible anyway) :p
    Giordana Tenax & Shutt VR bibs are within your budget and get a lot of good feedback, not tried them personally though.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I think Spesh clothing is designed for the 'casual American' cyclist ie fat bastards, the tights I have don't have stirrups and are absolutely gaping at the ankle, not particularly impressive.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Unless you have huge muscley thighs like me 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy, how many miles have you got out of the spesh ones? Are they well made?

I'd most like to buy the spesh as I can try them on, and I get to support my LBS.

My spesh leg warmers and my spesh undershorts from their baggies fit me really well, and I'm very far from being a "casual american".

FuzzyWuzzy

They're well made, had them about 18 months now and still look like new, probably only ridden about 30-40 hours on them though. I have lots of other Spesh stuff (inc. the BG Comp shorts) and it all fits fine, the pad on the BG Comp bibs is dire though (at least the 08 version). As long as you can try them on then I'd say the BG Pro RBX are worth a go, it should be pretty obvious if they're an odd fit on you to.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The pad on my new 2010 spesh Bib shorts are the best I have every worn if that helps?

RealMan
    Free Member

Thanks foxyrider, what else have you used to compare them to?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Blue coolmax pads, Yellow ?coolmax (in some endura baggy inners), older Endura lycra road shorts (about 4 years old), Fox DH inners to name but a few 🙂 I do have a fairly skinny arse so that may affect peoples reviews 🙂

Edit: oh and 2010 DHB tights (nice) and 2008 DHB tights (which were pretty horrible) 🙂

Edit again: Also a mate has had them for a while (about a year) and really likes them 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Cool, thanks again. Just going down to the shop to try them on, seems like they're worth a good look at.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.