Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some 'be seen' lights for that London, please
  • finnegan
    Free Member

I suspect I have moon-on-a-stick expectations, but I’m looking for front and rear lights to be seen by which are (in no particular order):

[list]
    [*]Rechargeable (USB) or with rechargeable batteries[/*]
    [*]Very easy to attach/remove[/*]
    [*]Visible from a fairly wide angle (i.e. not only visible from directly in front/behind)[/*]
    [*]One piece (i.e. battery not separate on the end of a wire)[/*]
    [*]Weatherproof[/*]
    [*]Bright enough[/*]
    [*]Don’t switch themselves on too easily if they’re at the bottom of your panniers[/*]
    [/list]

The Knog Blinder 1s look like they fit most of the above, but from the pictures look very forward-facing (LED recessed in the housing).

Anyone with experience of those, or other recommendations?

Thanks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Moon Shield 60.

Brilliant bit of kit.

To really get seen, on fixed, one flashing and reflective ankle bands.

wwaswas

I got the SeeSense lights when they were on kickstarter. Brilliant bit of kit.

zeffir
    Free Member

Exposure flash and flare tick all those boxes, very well made as well

joshvegas
    Free Member

Exposure flash and flair here too. Great, bright and bullet proof.

neilm
    Free Member

Moon Comet, front and back… I luv em.

finnegan
    Free Member

Great, thank you, some good recommendations there.

wwaswas, I’m instantly fascinated by the SeeSense idea. I can’t quite tell from the website how they attach (but geekily intrigued that they mention Sugrue…) – elastic/rubber ring?

shedfull
    Free Member

I have the Smart Lunar R2. I bought it after I did a bit of research into what the Time Trial boys were using when riding in bright sunlight on dual carriageways. It has a noticeable effect on driving behaviour – I’m given more room and drivers hang further back before they overtake.

shermer75
    Free Member

If you already have any exposure lights, you can buy those silicon attachments for about a fiver, they work really well

wwaswas

Finnegan – the usual rubber band type arrangement. I think the Sugru is so you can mould a pad to get the light perfectly aligned if it’s on an odd angled part of the bike.

benp1

I think the best rear light around is the Cateye holy hand grenade (ld1100). Amazing visibility and seriously bright. The Smart R2 is also good, bright but side visibility not so good

My front light is brighter than be-seen but still use that in a urban environment, just on flash or a lower setting

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some 'be seen' lights for that London, please’ is closed to new replies.