Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Recommend me some baggy shorts..
  • stevio

got 3 pairs of singletracks & had 3 pairs of hummvees – st’s are tougher, had the popper go on my 3/4’s – local seamstress put an upholstery one on for £4 – no poppin now unlike the ones i’m wearing 🙁 … Must eat less parkin cake….

granny_ring

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Endura singltrack shorts. One pair was a couple of years older that the other and the popper was definitely a weaker fastening even though hardly used. Emailed Endura to explain and they asked to see the offending shorts and replaced them no questions asked. Excellent service I’d say. Haven’t used the replacement shorts yet though, but they said if there’s any problems to get back in touch.

Cant say fairer than that.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I used to always use Endura shorts, the fit and pad are both great, but they were never durable enough, I have had singletrack and humvee shoerts and preferred the more robust humvee.

I’m now a massive convert to the The North Face Levada short, have proven to be more comfy thanks to a soft liner and super comfy outer and are proving to be pleasingly durable too:
    http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en/activity/mountain-biking/men/trousers-shorts/men-s-levada-short-1.html?colour=667

Rob
    bigrobracing.co.uk

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of those Madison Tour shorts arriving this morning after reading this thread.. For the sake of decency it’s about time I got with the programme and banished the budgie smugglers..

Obviously I won’t be able to comment on durability for a year or two hopefully.. but I’ll give you my initial impressions..

Jools
    Free Member

Update from Endura

Thanks for your email, We sell hundreds of thousands of baggy shorts and our returns rates are very low…..This said we did have a small issue with a batch of waist poppers.

This is not a widespread issue its just unfortunate that the good poppers don’t get a mention on single track. I would urge you to return to your place of purchase as this is where your contract of purchase lies, We do not have a fixed warranty period instead we take many factors into account. All our stockists are aware of this and will be happy to inspect your garment.

Very quick response and seems pretty reasonable, although I didn’t buy mine from locally, so may ask to send them back directly. I did let them know that there are reports of ‘good poppers’ here too.

Hopefully we can all enjoy some good poppers now 🙂

Jools

BadlyWiredDog

I have three pairs of Zymes, bought at different times, and they all did the popper thing, so I find it hard to believe that this is genuinely the case. I think it’s more that as soon as you put any outward pressure on a single popper, as you do when moving around on the bike, the popper simply gives. It’s just not a very clever design.

As I said above, it’s dead easy to fit a second popper yourself alongside the original and it completely sorts out the problem. Those TNF shorts linked above also use a single popper, but they also have belt loops. They remind me a bit of first generation Sugoi Gusto shorts, which isn’t a bad thing.

BadlyWiredDog

Where are the reports of ‘good poppers’ btw, do you mean the 70% okay one where the popper presumably is rubbish for just one third of the time they’re worn?

kimbers

love my zymes but the popper is crap as it pops too easily
    just wear a belt

heard lots of good things about oakley, but 2 pairs have disintegrated on me after a few weeks of daily commuting so zymes all the way now

yunki
    Free Member

Ben_mw

endura singletracks a bit rubbish imno. ripped ’em up.

Mine are ace! Got shorts and 3/4’s and they’ve lasted really well I think.
    Never had any popper problems either, but I do use bibs underneath rather than a poppered-in liner short, maybe that makes a difference?

IdleJon

rather than a poppered-in liner short, maybe that makes a difference?

It’s the waistband popper that we’re talking about, Ben.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some baggy shorts..’ is closed to new replies.