• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by danti.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me some Baggy shorts
  • manitou
    Free Member

Normally a lycra bib shorts bloke but found an old pair of Manitou branded baggies in my cupboard.. they look ok but i need a more comfy liner (old arse) any ideas?

slofox
    Free Member

Endura do some nice ones, I’m wearing HummVees but their sizing is small so you may have to go up a size or even two. Their Singletrack shorts are a bit more swish but don’t have an inner included which the HummVees do. Look them up on Chain Reaction for details. 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

Why not use the bibs you already use, with the baggies over the top.

whyme
    Free Member

Just bought a pair of endura singletrack from cr. use my own liner shorts. Nice fitting baggies.

Frankers
    Free Member

Anything but Endura! They wear out too quickly

ajt123
    Free Member

Race face Ambush if you can still get them. Love mine.

johnhe

I wear Endura Hummvees which are the hardest wearing thing since hard wearing things were invented. Lots of pockets and zips, and providing you size up, I find them really comfortable.

The Singletracks look nicer IMO, but have too few pockets and zips for me.

yacoby
    Free Member

My Hummvees were Ok but they only lasted a year and a half. (Ripped along the stitching).

Probably not that bad, but I have a pair that have been going a year for less than half the price.

devash
    Free Member

On the recommendation of a few people on here I bought some Madison Addict shorts. They didn’t come with liners but they’re honestly the nicest shorts I’ve ever owned. You can pick them up for about £42 on ebay.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The Endura Singletrack 2 shorts are excellent. I’ve got a few pairs and they’ve lasted really well despite being used daily for a commute, and for weekly yoga classes, as well as mountain biking.

Sorting through my short box the other day I realise i’ve got a few pairs of ‘baggy short removable inners’ accumulated over many years. Without exception they are all useless in some way. The ones that come with shorts have a combination of a sub-standard pad coupled with thin fabric that means it’s not held in place properly. Endura’s clickfast liners have proper pads but the clicked into the baggies they’re pulled out of place by the over shorts. The reality is the waistband of your baggy shorts moves around as you move. the point of close fitting lycra is that it doesn’t. Attaching a lycra inner to a baggy just doens’t work.

The Endura are ok worn not clicked in – they’re just another pair of shorts – but the clickfast poppers then catch on things and dig in so they’ve not had much use either. Some of the thin liners from other shorts work under jeans (where they’re held in place without being attached) but this reminds me that I must actually bin some of them so that I’m not tempted to try the ones that don’t again and end up rubbing worse than a pair of cotton pants.

GrahamS

Endura’s clickfast liners have proper pads but the clicked into the baggies they’re pulled out of place by the over shorts.

Glad it’s not just me that finds that. I like Endura stuff but I’ve never seen the point of the ClickFast system so I just wear normal lycra under my baggies. The DHB padded boxer-style shorts are pretty good liners for light commute work.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I didn’t actually make the comment I was going to. I always wear bibshorts under my baggies. If you’re always going to wear baggies over you and want to save money buy discounted team kit as it doesn’t matter if it’s weird colours. I’ve not found anything more comfortable than the Zipvit bibs and they’re a bargain even undiscounted.

Non-bibshorts are for wearing under winter over bibs when you don’t want two sets of shoulder straps.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

like Endura stuff but I’ve never seen the point of the ClickFast

I’m think it’s a sensible approach. The competition sell shorts with liners so new riders think that’s best. Endura don’t think it works so give you the option.

danti

Yacoby – interested to find out what the baggies are that have lasted a year and cost less than half Humvees?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some Baggy shorts’ is closed to new replies.