Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me some background listening techno
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Got a recommendation for some Merrin Karras on here a few months ago. Anything similar that anyone can recommend, preferably available on Apple Music? I like to have stuff like this on in the background whilst working.

duncan

Off the top of my head (well my Spotify recently played…) how about: Dominik Eulberg, Clark, Kode9, Ghost Culture, and perhaps the Kompakt compilations. Oh and Plaid’s new album seems promising. Not exactly an expert on techno and some or all of the above might best be labelled otherwise, but I reckon they’re suitable for the purpose you describe anyway…

scaled
    Free Member
    jekkyl

Orbital – orbital II (the brown album) or are you after something harder?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The entire 1080p catalogue is available for pay what you like on Bandcamp today.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

are you after something harder?

Not really, but I’m after something I’ve not heard before 😉

isto
    Free Member

Have a listen to this mix

Good mix with an amazing first track.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Dominik Eulberg is ticking the boxes so far. Thanks for the suggestions…

jekkyl
    walleater

Ultraviolence 😉

nedrapier

Not necessarily techno (or possibly at all), but the Beats in Space is well worth a listen. 2/3 guests, 1/3 regular DJ, Tim Sweeney. Consistently good. works nicely as background, some have a little more talking than others, usually at least an hour of uninterrupted tunes.

Look for Tim Sweeney on Soundcloud, or BIS on pocketcasts

Creg

Not sure if there is any on Apple Music (never actually looked at that service) but I’m partial to a bit of dub techno for background music.

Stuff like this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI4J5kirn8Y[/video]

or

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SYnzsSDMHw[/video]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

try this on… absolutely belting:

I knew within about 20 seconds that this probably wasn’t the kind of thing I was looking for, but thanks for trying 🙂

Must get out riding with you soon. It’s been too long.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Bookmarked.

How about Bonobo – recent Outlier radio shows much more upbeat than the chilled vibes i was expecting. https://soundcloud.com/bonobo

Or even some Gui Barratto

aidso
    Free Member

DJ Kutski Podcast available from the iTunes store on free download everyweek. Also like Fire Beatz Radio and the Masters of Hardcore

On the Soundcloud option, if you check out the Q-Dance channel they put up live mixes from Dominator, Q-Base etc this time of year.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

‘Dancetrippin tv’ On YouTube can be handy to play in the background.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some background listening techno’ is closed to new replies.