Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me some back-up software for a NAS drive…
  • spooky_b329

I have a WD My Book World II and used to manaually copy my documents over to back up.

I then set up the supplied software and left it to its own devices…its now backed up 300Gb and a few minutes ago I ‘verified’ all the backups and was about to restore my wheezing laptop to factory settings including a format. But then I clicked ‘restore’ just to see what happened…an error message is what happened…incompatible with this version of Windows?!! So I did a little Googling and the first thread I find is chock full of reviews stating the restore process is at best hit and miss.

So, seeing as it’ll take several evenings to backup 300Gb to the drive over a LAN, is there any other (preferably free) software that will keep me backed up in future. I’ve lost all faith in the WD software…

cranberry
    Free Member

I use Syncback Pro at work home – it only seems to have a problem when dealing with very large ( multi millions / 500 gb of XMl ) of files.

brassneck

If it’s just documents rather than a full PC backup, check out Robocopy.

Free and pretty efficient after the first big copy.

dannybgoode

I use NTI BackUp Now (full strength – not the EZ version) – nice and easy to use, sits very much in the background and can set up a nice variety of different routines you can specify.

link

Cheers

Danny B

scaredypants

I use syncback free version. It’s OK for what I do

Robocopy, though – 😆 for the naming

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, having done a painfully slow manual backup I will try those suggested 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some back-up software for a NAS drive…’ is closed to new replies.