Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Recommend me some arm warmers
  • onandon
    Free Member

For the first time in my life I’m considering some arm warmers for chilly morning starts.
    Assos are £15, anything else I should consider ?

BillOddie

Defeet merino ones are lovely.

karnali
    Free Member

On one merino 2.99 or planet x coolmax 2.99.

chrisr1983
    Free Member

Been using sportful ones – avoid them. They’re warm and quite waterproof but the fit on me isn’t so great. Baggy around wrists and tight around biceps.

Haze

Gore Windstopper, had them a few years now and very happy with them…will be reluctant to trust anything else when they finally need changing…

sandwicheater

I’ve some Specialized ones, fitted the best. Didn’t realise you could get them as cheap as £3, darn it!!

mtbfix

I have some Vitesse ones that I got a while back that are fine. My Assos ones are my go-to pair though. Warm enough and comfy as. Considering what most bike parts and togs cost, their price is not too bad.

adsh
    Free Member

Castelli nanoflex. Expensive but patch well if required 🙁

lunge

On one merino 2.99 or planet x coolmax 2.99.

This, they really are rather good. The Coolmax ones are a tad short if you have monkey arms like me but the On-One/Planet-X standard merino ones are spot on. I’ve also got some Altura ones that cost £15 ish I think, they are good but do no more for a job than that PX jobs, for £3 if they’re crap you can throw them away.

gpsBRM
    Free Member

Been using Endura Baa Baa ones for years and they are great. However got a pair of the £2.99 Merino ones from On-One a couple of weeks ago (just cause they were so cheap), can’t fault them, just a tad thinner than the Endura’s.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have some Louis Garneau and Pearl Izumi ones that are very nice.

I also have some Altura ones that are a wierd shape, full of stitching and too short- they cost about as much too.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I use my Prendas ones a lot – fit well and stay up – and they’re only £7.95.

Prendas Meraklon Armwarmers – Original Edition

Dobbo

I love my armwarmers….I find them quite sexual.

Got Castelli and Lusso ones, if you want to feel sexy like me get the Castelli ones..

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Another vote for Castelli nanoflex

Dobbo

Castelli ones should only be used on a road bike, although they are acceptable off road if you’re on a SS rigid.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

BaaBaa merino ones done me three years of frosty mornings still in perfect condition.

MoreCashThanDash

Rapha ones pop up on ebay quite often – very warm

My cheap ones have vanished since spring, along with one knee warmer. It’s getting a tad chilly at 6.45 for the morning commute…..

hatter

Love my stretchy Rapha ones, everything else I’ve tried seems to move around too much, maybe my arms are a funny shape.

Would never wear merino ones on the MTB, the brambles round here would eat them alive!

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve been very happy with my Endura Thermolite arm warmers for the last three years or so.

£15ish

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-thermolite-arm-warmers/rp-prod18090

Lifer
    Free Member

Louis Garneau here, no problems with them at all.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Defeet.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Planet X ones are great. They’re so cheap I even threw some away during a race as I was annoyed at them taking up space in my jersey 😉

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

got some from on-one for about 2 quid. never worn em though…

mudshark
    Free Member

Got Castelli and Lusso ones, if you want to feel sexy like me get the Castelli ones.

I have the Roubaix Lusso ones and they are good, I wonder if some of the cheaper ones would be so good in the rain?

If buying now I’d get Castelli in the sales – because I’m worth it….

tang
    Free Member

Another castelli fan. I have roadie(read skinny) arms so fit is essential!

jacob46
    Free Member

Castelli nano flex from wiggle

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks all.
    I’ve ordered some nano flex, mavic vision and assos just to try a variety.
    I guess as with anything the fits will be different so I need to compare.

The mavics were a billy bargain from CRC.

iainc

Sportful NoRain ones here, great when its cold and damp, and Etxeondo ones when its not damp or as cold !

cloudnine
    Free Member

Got some morvelo roubeaux type ones. They keep my arms warm.

mattsccm
    Free Member

2nd the Prendas stuff. Its all good

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some arm warmers’ is closed to new replies.