Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some 29er xc/trail wheels for my stump jumper fsr, £300-£600.
  • pastypunk

Looking for a new pair of wheels for my stump jumper fsr 29, ride xc/ trail mainly no huge jumps but have managed to kill the roval wheels that came on the bike..have looked at crossmax st and hope hoops with stans arch ex, anything else worth considering, would like to cut some weight over the original wheels approx 2100g for the pair. I weigh about 13 stone / 84 kg…. Thanks

sambob
    Free Member

Would recommend Stans Arch EX on Pro2 hubs, I’ve got them on my Horsethief and had no bother from them in the past 18 months riding in the Peak District and North Wales.

LoCo
    Free Member

As above Arch/pro2 evo or pro2/hope enduro rims

pastypunk

Are then arch ex quite stiff in 29 er size?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cheap, ish, Chinese carbon rims, on your favourite hubs.

jonnyrockymountain

American Classic wide lightening simply superb

emac65
    Free Member

As above – Arch EX on Hope’s,13 stone & done about 4,000 miles on them with no problems.

pastypunk

Thanks everyone, interesting no votes for Mavics, I’ve heard of hub bearing problems on American classics not sure which model, lightweight race version I think, mate was going through bearing every couple of months and I thought they all have the same hubs.

jonnyrockymountain

I have some AM classic hubs that I have had for a couple of year no problems built on crests, that’s the reason I bought some wide lightening wheels for another build, no issues at all with hubs

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

The new Hope Enduro wheelset looks really good , proven hubs and wide profile rims should be ideal for a FSR . American Classics Hub design seems good , have sold plenty of sets and am running 2 pairs myself , I do think the rims are pretty easy to dent but that’s probably the trade off for lightweight aluminium rims .

khani
    Free Member

ST’s here, had em over twelve months now and they’ve been faultless, and feel hugely stiffer to ride than the Pro 2 evo Crests they replaced (which weighed almost exactly the same)
    The UST rims are a joy to go tubeless and they come with all the valves, converters and tools in the box..
    So one vote for Mavic…

rhayter

Arch EX on American Classic hubs. I’m 15st and crap but they’re still true and spinning after 18 months, including riding through some bloody hideous weather. 1624g per pair including Stan’s tubeless rim tape and valves. Quieter than Hope, if that’s important to you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some 29er xc/trail wheels for my stump jumper fsr, £300-£600.’ is closed to new replies.