Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some 29er Rims..
  • KZP894
    Free Member

Moving over to 29″ wheels and am seeking some advice re. rims to build onto Hope Pro II hubs. Budget not vast hence considering DT Swiss X470’s – anybody had any experience of them or can recommend a suitable rim for general XC with the occasional trail centre visit.

weeksy

Pro II and Crests for me.

FuzzyWuzzy

Crests or the Pacenti 25’s would get my vote, not sure if either are budget enough though

rtc3000m
    Free Member

2nd for Crests

shortcut

The 470’s are great. Similar weight to Stans Arch and tubeless ready needing tape, valves and fluid. Also half the price.

weeksy

Pro II and Crests for me.

glen815
    Free Member

Pro II and Flow Ex for me.

tang
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of 470s (used) that ill be selling soon. Get your spokes from rosebikes cheaper than trade here apparently.

KZP894
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Tang, what state are your rims in, when are the going to be available and how much did you want for them?

letmetalktomark

I have 3 X470 rims in use. All are holding up well. Currently running 2.1 & 2.2″ tyres on them. For £35 a rim (or less) they are are a bargain.

I also run a pair of Flow 29ers. If they are anything like their 26″ siblings they will be neigh on indestructible!

hydrophil
    Free Member

For what its worth, Ive got Mavics built by Tim @ Sideways (he recommended these over the Stans) What he doesnt know about building wheels, isnt worth knowing :mrgreen:

takisawa2

Budget not vast

Mavic TN317’s. Few grams heavier than the 719’s, but for what they cost they are spot on.

jonnyseven

Can’t comment on any other rims but crests can be a bugger to get some tyres on

tang
    Free Member

Kp available now, drop me your details (mail in my profile)ill send some pics prices.

Toasty

Keen on trying some Pacenti TL28s here, I’ve heard they’re not great with rock impacts but it’s just for widening up some XC tyres 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some 29er Rims..’ is closed to new replies.