Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • REcommend me some 26" wheels for upto £250
  • robw1
    Free Member

After a new set of wheels, 26″, bolt through front, and standard QR rear. Want a mix of strong (I’m the wrong side of 90kg) and light-ish. Any recommendations of what and where has good offers? Max budget of £250, but hoping to spend a bit less.

superfli
    Free Member

Superstar wheels. I’ve got a couple of sets of switch hubs on Stans rims and both are great. I’ve heard good things of their Tactic+Sentinal rims too.
    I’ve just bought some Tactic/Tesla AM 650b wheels and am hoping the hubs are as reliable as my previous switch hubs.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

used hope hoops with either Arch or Flow rims.

Painey
    Free Member

Superstar have Pacenti rims on their own hubs for £150 a set. That’s crazy value for wheels that good.

wrecker
    Free Member

used hope hoops with either Arch or Flow rims.

They’re over £300 are they not?
    I’m in the market, but not for superstars.

freeagent
    Free Member

Superstar here.
    AM490 rims and switch hubs.
    The hubs are a generic design used by various other people, and the rims are made by Alex (says so on the rim) laced up with Sapim spokes.
    I’ve been really pleased with them (I’m 100KG which is why I went for the AM rims rather than the XC)

So far so good, the front one needs truing up, but that is because I got a branch jammed in it.
    considering they are less than £200 I’d buy again..
    (Note – I’m not a Superstar fanboi)

robw1
    Free Member

what’s the deal with suoperstar wheels? Do they make them themselves? Have heard bad things about superstar generally.

continuity
    Free Member

You’ll get pro 2 on flows for £180 on ebay pretty consistently

norbert-colon

Those there superstar wheels… do they work tubeless then?

granny_ring

I’m just about to list my Hope Evo Arch ex hoops, not the latest type though.
    They’ve sat unused in box since I bought them new waiting for the build to start….
    Looking for £240.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

He’s 90kg grannyring. Flow EXs or Mavic EX721s on Hope would be my call but you’d need to go s/hand with your current budget.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

He’s 90kg grannyring

I’m 100, and wasn’t (I broke first, not the rims, they’re still fine) adverse to getting airborne on 29er crests. It’s not how big your rim is, it’s how smoothly you ride it. Fnarr, fnarr.

Anyway:

Pro II hubs, Funn XLrater rims, suprisingly light, never ridden! Tyres, cassette and rotrs not included, no adapters in the front.£200 (the cost of the hubs, otherwise I’m just going to take the rims off and re use them).

And pics halfway down here.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mahoosive-wheel-and-fork-clearout-hope-lyrik-sektor-revelation-and-oem-kit

Nobby

American Classic

Hubs can be converted to most ‘standards’.

nwill1
    Free Member

I’d take reggiegasket up on his offer immediately…if they’re new your not gona get better for that money!!!

I’m tempted myself but just brought Hope Evo on Flow EX…fancy a 2nd set…must not buy!!!

ade9933
    Free Member

think I saw the stans with hope hubs at BPW on Monday for 250 the pair.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘REcommend me some 26" wheels for upto £250’ is closed to new replies.