Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me – Mind Mapping software ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Recommend me some Mind Mapping software?

I want software that allows me to write info into boxes or shapes and then be able to drag the individual boxes around the screen to rearrange the thoughts into a new series or into clusters/groups that in turn can be moved.

Any suggestions of software folks? Its for PC not Mac.

Thanks

bearGrease
    simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Simple, offline, text based but quick to use (I use it for note taking). freemind

leffeboy

Find out what your colleagues use and use that. There is nothing worse that someone sending you a mindmap and then having to install software to see another A0 page of brain dump 🙁

Personally I just use Outline mode in MS Word. Lets you group and move stuff around and you don’t end up with 4 point font when printing it out. No pretty boxes and lines though

kcal

I’ve tended to use MindJet MindManager (or whatever it’s called) – in part because I got my old PC version through work, but I also bought the Mac version for myself. It’s not cheap,has bells and whistles you maybe don’t need.

I tried freemind as above but it was too clunky and non-intuitive for me.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

http://www.thebrain.com/

Find it very intuitive, also free, with option to upgrade

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

MindManager is very good but not free, provides a good export to SharePoint for making nicer sites.

MindMaple is free and works well. I downloaded a copy to my new laptop before a long flight last week and produced some good results with it.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Thanks people. Oh I have no colleagues who I will be sharing this with, its just for my own project – but great point about being aware of sharing issues, if I had been.

Moses

https://bubbl.us/

Is also free and very easy to use/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me – Mind Mapping software ?’ is closed to new replies.