Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • recommend me jobs to look at ….
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Looking for a job but not sure what in tbh … Applied for a couple Graduate engineering schemes but not sure i wanna go down that route although i think that may be fear of being out of my depth thats causing that.

Also considering teaching, but this will be 2010 before i can start my pgce & have spoken to my old school about doing some placement to see if things have changed much since i was at school.

Other than that im open to most things(except the obvious jokes about the docks )

2:2 mech eng degree
    7 years experiance as a bike mechanic and salesman.
    Living in Aberdeen as of end of august.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Something to do with the marine eng. companies based up there? Might be able to use the mech eng background a bit I guess?

jam-bo

Aberdeen is oil&gas central. Get yourself a job as an offshore engineer and you’ll coin it and get plenty of time off too.

Mackem

Tbh in the current climate i’d get any job you can, then make up your mind later. Might as well earn some cash and get some sort of experience.

gonefishin
    Free Member

As an engineer who lives in Aberdeen it’s certainly the right place to be. Depends if you really want to work offshore (I certainly didn’t/don’t) but you certainly don’t have to. Get applying to the oil companies as well as the service ones. The oil price is on it’s way back up again (20% rise in the last month) which is a good thing for those of us in the industry.

davidr

Do you want to do engineering or do you want to do something different? You shouldn’t be out of your depth on a grad scheme

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m a technichian in a university enginerring dept. it’s not for everyone but i love it. (it’s a bit like a man shed but i get paid to be here and tinker and the toys are much better :D)

Spongebob
    Free Member

Aberdeen is oil&gas central. Get yourself a job as an offshore engineer and you’ll coin it and get plenty of time off too.

And I bet you could hone your trials riding skills on one of those oil/gas platforms 😆

But seriously, don’t hold back on any application. Let the employer decide if you are up to the job!

Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘recommend me jobs to look at ….’ is closed to new replies.