• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me: in-ear headphones that last
  • brooess
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 pairs of Sennheiser CX 300 in-ear headphones for my iPod. Get used daily. First pair lasted 5 years which was ok but eventually the wire snapped. Bought a second pair which have lasted only 2 years, despite the phones being put away in the pouch in my bag when not being used (uncoiled so the wire’s not put under pressure)

At £30 for what I thought was a premium brand this isn’t great. Looking at Amazon reviews, it looks like a known issue too.

Any other models/makes recommended? Happy to spend £30/35

stilltortoise
    Free Member

You’ve spent £30 on a pair or earphones that you use every day, they lasted 2 years and you’re not happy with this?!? 😯

njee20
    Free Member

Inclined to agree, as headphones go they’re still in the “very cheap” arena, and £30 for 2 years daily use isn’t exactly bad!

I still use CX300s and accept they won’t last forever. Did have some Radiopaq Dots, which were very cheap, and pretty, and stayed put slightly better, but didn’t last as long.

DezB
    Free Member

My Sennheisers have lasted for at least 5 years. Can’t remember when the bloke who recommended to me left the company, but it was a damn long time ago. Used to use them for commuting, they survived the sweat etc, then retired them to my bed (yes, I listen to music in bed!). Still perfect.
    I’d buy another pair without hesitation.
    Aside from that – my current commutin ‘phones are these, great sound
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DENON-FISCHER-AUDIO-CONSONANCE-HEADPHONE-WITH-INLINE-MIC-RRP-89-00-/231254513739

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: in-ear headphones that last’ is closed to new replies.