Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recommend me good gloves for wet weather!
  • Leon
    Free Member

Went out Saturday morning, and although not that cold, my gloves got saturated, and my hands very cold.

I’m looking for some autumn gloves, ie good for 8-12 degrees is that work well in the wet. Could be waterproof, or just good at keeping the heat in when soaked.

Any ideas?

davidjey
    Free Member

Waterproof gloves? In my experience there’s no such thing. Even the ones with a waterproof liner in get wet eventually as water gets inside them (through the great big hole your hand goes in).

Warm when wet? Either defeet dura merinos (don’t seem to be many of them about ATM) or some neoprene gloves for lower temps (haven’t tried any of these myself, but friend swear by them).

MrNice
    Free Member

I’ve got some endura windproof gloves. They don’t keep out the water if it’s raining hard but they stay warm when wet. I will need something more insulated when it gets really cold but they’re great in current conditions

chum3
    Free Member

Sealskinz ultra grip gloves work a treat for me…

iain65
    Free Member
    didgerman
    Free Member

As above, sealskinz have been great for me. Commuting, night rides, hillwalking, all in Scotland too, brrr….

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve got some endura windproof gloves. They don’t keep out the water if it’s raining hard but they stay warm when wet. I will need something more insulated when it gets really cold but they’re great in current conditions

I have just ordered some of those on your recommendation. They better be good, or…well…nothing…I’ll probably just use something else.

medoramas
    Free Member

Any waterproof gloves are as good as the jacket’s sleeves, that go over them! 8)

I used to blame my Sealskinz for being c**p. Until I changed my Aldi jacket into something better performing… 😉

teasel
    Free Member

I use windproof, too, the Specialized version. IMO a slightly better approach to the concept than the Endura’s.

Available here and other places…

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/Specialized/Element-15-Glove-Black-AW13/2NY2?utm_campaign=Buyers+Choice+-+22092014&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=#variations_table

They’re quite nice in use; very comfortable and close-fitting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recommend me good gloves for wet weather!’ is closed to new replies.