Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me breakdown cover please?
  • Northwind

Just going to cover the Slug, it's entire job is to carry bikes places so some sort of long distance recovery/relay's needed in case I break down in Wales or something… Good scottish cover essential too. I've been let down constantly by the RAC before but that was mainly because they didn't know what to do with motorbikes so not judging, but who's best? Cheapest/fastest/most dependable…

Oh, particularily who has the least awful call centre? RAC insisted they couldn't come and get me without a postcode once when I was stood on a road with nothing but hills and sheep in sight in the borders, frinstance… "Just ask at the nearest house"

Grimy
    Free Member

We're with the RAC, never had a problem with them. On the couple of times theyve been called I can honestly say they were very good.

Why did we go with them in the first place? Simples, Many others, the AA included will NOT recover your vehical after an accident. Slide off the road onto a muddy embankment and get stuck in the mud? They wont help even if the cars undamaged.

My SO had a little bump in her car a couple of years ago and was too shook up and scarred to carry on driving even though the car was perfectly drivable. The RAC came straight away, and offered to bring her and the car back home, which she was very thankfull for. The AA would not have come out.

Freind smashed car up on motorway, I was a passenger, His AA membership wouldnt cover accident recovery, used my RAC membership to come and collect us and saved him a fortune! within half an hour too!

samuri
    Free Member

And I'll put in the other side, the AA have always been fantastic with me.
    When my Astra blew it;s engine 40 miles from home the chap identified the issue immediately and then towed me all the way home which I wouldn't normally be covered for.
    In my latest piece of luck, the hire car I had broke down in a train car park in Newcastle. It was wet, cold and windy and I settled in for a 2 hour wait (rush hour). The guy was there in ten minutes, nailed the problem in another ten and hd me on my way before half an hour was up.

They have way cool stuff in their vans now too, big computer with a full database of haynes manuals or whatever.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rootes1

decent cover (pan european recovery) is free (britannia breakdown based) if you use Footman James as your broker – they hav given me the best deal for 17 years without fail

when i had a shite car never waited more than 30mins for them to turn up – normally with a flatbed to take you to your destination..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AA since I can remember. Superb service every time I have ever needed them so have never even thought of looking at changing.

munkster
    Free Member

Both AA and RAC (and others) seem to get good cashback on topcashback.co.uk whichever you decide. I'll defo go through that when I renew (or rather, cancel and take out new cover)…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Got BMW Assist for the main car and AA for the other one.

The BMW cover sends you a VERY F****NG IMPORTANT luxury van with a specially trained "servant" who is well versed in the art of dealing with the Worlds MOST SUCCESSFUL people.

It's better than Audi's version with just used a tarted up AA van. Skoda, VW and Seat Assist get a bog standard one.

Disclaimer – this thread contains a truck full of irony

br
    Free Member

RAC and get personal cover, not just vehicle.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

is there anyone else apart from RAC / AA ?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I think the RAC are sh1t – they really ripped me off once – never again.

Green Flag? Always rated them.

bear-uk
    Free Member

RAC with cashback. Basic roadside cover £29 with £20 cashback. So £9 for a years cover, theres nowt rong with that.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother with the AA.

I told them the fan belt on my Golf had gone, but they just insisted on sitting in a circle bollocking on about how much they could drink.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me breakdown cover please?’ is closed to new replies.