• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me an overshoe for spd shoes please
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Just thought I’d ask on here before google (because of course you guys are always right) of any recommendations for a waterproof overshoe… I was on a wet ride this morning and the trotters were crowing freezing… Now I notice some “overs” are designed for road shows I believe ? I ride mtb pedals on the roadie. What do we reckon ? Ta

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Mavic water proof overshoes. I won them in a race but I have been impressed with them. They can be a bit of a struggle to get them on (you have to put them on before you put on your shoe and roll them down over the shoe) but they work pretty well. If it’s pouring you will still get wet feet from the water going down your leg but it takes. A lot longer than with no protection. They fit roadie and MTB.

thorpedo

I have some altura night vision ones which I would recommend

downhillfast
    Free Member

Got some Grip Grab neoprene overshoes, I use them mainly on road but have done some easy gravel/xc stuff in them too.
    I use mtb spd for road and xc, they fit fine.

richmars

I’ve used the Endura MT500 for years, mostly for commuting. Used in the cold to keep the toes warms and when it’s raining to stay dry. They normally last 18-24 months (2 winters).

madhouse

+1 for the MT500’s

FOG

Any recommendations for big feet? I seem to tear them very quickly even in XL when stretching them over my 12/13s

stumpy01

+1 on MT500s.

I’ve got some BBB road overshoes that are good, but not sure if they do an off-road equivalent.

Ifrider
    Free Member

Cheers guys, might give the Mt a shout… ta

ricky1
    Free Member

Planet X neoprene overshoes for me,I was actually sent some by mistake by Planet X,so I used them and ended up buying another pair for road use,very good if I may say so.

wallop

Planet X ones are great.

lunge

3rd the PX ones, work well for me.
    FOG, they fit my size 47 shoes fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an overshoe for spd shoes please’ is closed to new replies.