Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • recommend me an (older) estate
  • flip456
    Free Member

I’m looking at replacing our second car and need to go larger than the current mondeo hatchback for verious reasons. I’ve been looking at older/ highish milage diesel audi A6 avants and bmw 5 tourers. Apart from FSH and general good condition, what else should I be looking for/at? Who else out there runs one of these older vehicles and what are your experiences, are they a sensible option or expensive money pits?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Mondeo Estate will be better value. Passat and Octavia estates also worth a look.

Finally a Vectra Estate.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

V70, or a really tidy 850.

xcgb
    Free Member

Mondeo Estate love mine its a 2005 2.5 tdcI 55k cost £4800 private sale, great cars

scruff
    Free Member

I got an 80k V70 for £1100, just sailed through the MOT. 30mpg is the only downside.

howay04
    Free Member

I have Saab 9-5 estate 2003 plate. Paid £3500 for it with 77k on clock. It is a belting car especially for transporting our bikes on it. Been all over in it. Would recommend. They are so comfy and this has AC, parking assist, full leather interior and does 50 mpg on motorway. Combined at about 37mpg. They are well built workhorses but don’t hold value. We are buying a Mazda bongo campervan so will be looking to sell our Saab.

pebble
    Free Member

Another vote for Saab. I have a 2006 06 Saab Vector 9-5 TDI for sale. It has nearly done 71000 miles with FSH. Just had two new front tyres fitted, MOT until May 19th 2012, Tax until end April 2012. Only selling as I have a company car coming in September.

Looking for £6000ono

Call (07779) 602273 or (01759) 368216 for more details or e-mail robin.stones@tesco.net. Based near York.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I recently got a year 2000 2L petrol focus ghia estate for £1050 with 78000 on the clock and almost full history in lovely condition Pretty good economy, loads of space and nice to drive. So much car for so little money.

Came with twelve months mot, five of tax and half a tank of petrol!

howay04
    Free Member

Saab up for sale. Would accept 2k for quick sale. 93k on clock. Service history. 9 month left on mot. .1 month left on tax. Also has 2 thule prorides on as no use to me with campervan. Based in blackburn.

camo16
    Free Member

Park Hill.

BigJohn

Chatsworth is quite nice too.

tonyg2003

It depends how old you are looking at? Do you do alot of miles – need a diesel? Plenty of options out there.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Robin Hood Gardens for the ‘Architects trying to save a place they won’t actually have to ever live in’ win:

Nasty. None of those campaigning for it to gain listed status have actually lived there. Place should be pulled down and the people given decent homes instead.

biga1
    Free Member

BMW 523i 1999 with 155k Tourer here, 34MPG and a very comfy relaxing drive. Will and does fits 3 bikes and my tools/gear in.

12 months MOT and 6 months tax for 1k if anybody wants it. Would like a tranny for doing a few overnighters in a layby 😯

soops
    Free Member

I have just bought a 1999 318i touring for £1000. 104000 fsh, 12 month mot, new clutch fitted at bmw and new exhaust and cat less than 1000 miles ago. Bargain!

Deveron53
    Free Member

Grand Voyager manual diesel. Ultimate ‘small comfy van’ for bikers. Can get 4 people plus 4 bikes inside with all wheels on. Fuel consumption not much more than estate.

pegglet
    Free Member

good ol Citroen C5 estate, same luggage cap as Mondeo. .Go for the 2.2hpi, strong torquey,fast. then you spend £100 at Pro-Bitz on the chip module and suddenly you get another 5+ mpg ,pulls from second and exelerating from 50 upwards is awesome. recconmended for all diesels….drove to the mega non stop 70-90 all the way,46mpg!! now waiting for them to bring out the C6 in estate mod..

Zedsdead
    Free Member

biga1 – I’m interested in that. Could you send me photos and info please.

Thanks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘recommend me an (older) estate’ is closed to new replies.