Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me an ISP
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looking for a new ISP to go ADSLMax with (rather than the lowish data rate I’m currently on). After a cheap low-usage deal, as currently I just scrape under my 5GB total cap – really need a bit more with the new laptop meaning I’m likely to use iPlayer a bit more, but 3GB peak, 30GB off-peak (as seems popular) will probably do, as I can schedule downloads for off-peak, though off-peak starting at 10pm (or even 8pm as I’ve seen with a quick search) would be handy for this.

Would really like something for less than the £18 I’m currently paying, though might go up to £20 a month if it was worth the difference. Mainly browsing, some downloading (though not doing much if any music / videos / bittorrent stuff), and some on-line gaming, so decent pings and no throttling would be good. Who do you lot use?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Virgin if you can get it. I got 10mb here and can get most of that all the time.

MinishMan
    Free Member

Just about to go o2 in my houshold – fed up of Orange’s crap (not the mtb manufacturer mind you, love my Orange 5)

We are currently paying £17.50 p/m for 2mbps, but can get o2 20mbps in our area for £15, or £10 cos my mum has an o2 mobile.

Worth checking their website to see if you can get ADSL2+ in your area. Thier customer service always seems to rank very highly too!

(unlimited data btw)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Should have pointed out, since recommendations always seem to be for LLU or cable, that I can’t get either here (and can’t foresee a time when I will be able to). After plain old BT line ADSL. Also unlikely to be able to get any sort of enhanced service unless 99%+ of the population can get it. Nor do I have a monthly mobile contract or satellite TV contract with which I can get a better broadband deal (on OVP Virgin and Orange PAYG – monthly bills between £0 and £10!)

…checked O2, and surprise, surprise I’m out of their network area, so not being an O2 customer it would cost me £22 a month.

Drac

adsl24 very fast and great prices.

Daffy

Sky? Do you have Sky TV?

failing that. Plusnet/Force9 have been perfect for me since 1996.

MinishMan
    Free Member

Bah unlucky about O2 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an ISP’ is closed to new replies.