Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me an iPhone/iPod dock for Hifi
  • P20

Looking for an iPod/iPhone dock for the hifi. Any suggestions?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Arcam rDock if you want to spend about £100. Though arguments will no doubt reign as to the bitrate your iPod stuff is encoded on as to whether this is a worthwhile investment. I like mine anyway.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Dock for your existing hi-fi?

Why not just get the standard Apple dock which has a line out, and plug that in to your hi-fi input? You could even just run a cable from the headphone jack to the line in for ultimate cheapness.

P20

Yes looking for a dock to use ipod with existing hifi. I’ve used it with an aux lead via the mic in and the sound isn’t great if you crank it up.
    Just found the what hifi reviews and that Arcam does seem good. I should have added that i would prefer to use the audio in sockets on the rear of the hifi

pixelmix
    Free Member

So you just used the headphone out to mic in?

Worth trying the headphone/line out to aux input (you can pick up the cable for a few quid, with a headphone jack style on one end, and split aux input connections on the other end).

P20

Might have one of those kicking about somewhere….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Arcam one here too.

Don’t use the headphone output as it’s rubbish, use a dock and the line out from the iPhone/iPod bypasses the headphone amp giving a much better signal for your hifi

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Arcam one runs phono cables out so would plug straight into the aux in. To be honest I think most of the standalone docks do.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

EDIT! Read the post title properly! What I suggested isn’t a dock to connect to a hifi.

giantjason
    Free Member

i have the arcam rdock.

i was sceptical at first but it does sound quite good although not up to cd quality.

TheFlyingOx

i would prefer to use the audio in sockets on the rear of the hifi

Why spend £xxx on a dock, when any of these will do the job?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an iPhone/iPod dock for Hifi’ is closed to new replies.