Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • recommend me an exotic location for xmas that might have some mtbing
  • earl_brutus

anyone done the xmas escape thing and had a week somewhere exotic, I’m thinking Thailand, Cambodia, Kerala? Want to get away this year and avoid all the family based nonsense that goes on and possibly do some beach/mtb shizzle instead? fire away with your top tips………….

sobriety
    Free Member

Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand

These guys for riding: http://xbikingchiangmai.com/

No beaches I’m afraid.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How long have you got, all those sound like 12hr flights which kind of takes the fun out of some of it.

jam1e
    Free Member

Morocco – Atlas Mountains for hills, Essaouira for beach.

binners

Go to the Canaries. Lovely temperature at that time of year (mid – high 20’s), nice breeze off the sea. The riding is bloody brilliant (road and MTB) and its a 4 hour flight away.

Off the bike its fab. nice beaches, good food, no gangs of yoot, as its full of codgers playing golf… what more do you want? I’m off back there (Fuerteventura) at the end of November 😀

earl_brutus

im ok with the flights, go long haul with work a lot.
    Morocco, now there’s an idea…

egb81
    Free Member

Kyrgyzstan. Almost entirely mountainous and visa free for 60 days.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

my point on the flights was more how much it eats into the holiday time, second question who do you have points with 🙂

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Been to Barbados last few years flight return from Manchester £380 8-9 hour flights, but one back is overnight.
    No mtb’ing but cold banks beer and great food, turquoise waters and white sand beaches and friendly locals will distract you

earl_brutus

I’m etihad/emirates all the way baby. if we fly business it kind of becomes part of the holiday experience!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘recommend me an exotic location for xmas that might have some mtbing’ is closed to new replies.