Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me an audiobook
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve got a long flight coming up. What will entertain me? Preferably fiction.

pictonroad

Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wiki.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The audiobook of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clark is fantastic, the narration is as close to perfect as you can get.

Dark Matter by Michelle Paver is an extremely atmospheric Arctic circle based ghost story which you’ll remember all too clearly on your next winter bivvy.

Jonathan Strange is about 40hrs long, Dark Matter about 8hrs I believe so it depends on your definition of a long flight really…

z1ppy

China mieville’s stuff is to be marvelled at on audio book. Might not be your normal cup of tea, but the story telling entranced me, throughly recommended. Though Richard matherson’s (RIP this week). ‘I am legend’ (film only has title, no inspiration or poinience), is one that I always recommend, & I have a soft spot for world war Z (not what you expect)

kudos100
    Free Member

I am legend. Absolutely amazing.

The film is a load of rubbish compared to the book.

bigrich

I, Partridge. Coogan reads it in character.

user-removed
    Free Member

The Black House, The Lewis Man or any of the other books by the same author – the best ex-cop returns to the Hebrides novels you’ll read this year. Seriously good stuff.

CaptJon
    Free Member

thanks all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an audiobook’ is closed to new replies.