Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me an Apple AirPlay compatible mini system
  • Spud

New extension almost complete and I would like to replace my trusty 21 year old Technics hifi with a new mini system that has DAB and Apple AirPlay. Looking at Richer Sounds it seems options are limited to Denon, Sony, Pioneer or Marantz. Anyone got one and would recommend it?

jam-bo

Denon ceol. Doesn’t have DAB but does do internet radio and Spotify directly.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I realise it’s an extra box, but Apple TV into anything you like?

That’s how we did it and it works really well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

TBH, there isn’t anything inherently wrong with any of those makes, they’ve all been around forever, and are good quality.
    Internet radio can easily replace DAB, so that’s not a deal-breaker, unless your internet connection is really shonky, the only real issue might be the speaker quality, although even there I doubt if any are actually rubbish.
    As mrlugz suggests, an Apple TV might be a good cheap option plugged into your Technics system via aux.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just get an airport express and use the technics?

nickdavies

I’ve looked and never really found anything that was worth the money for having AirPlay built in. Apple TV or airport express plugged into a decent dab system would be what i would have under your criteria, which is what I used to have but since putting sonos in haven’t touched the apple stuff for music, sonos works nicely off the iPad or iPhone, and picks up the iTunes folder on the nas drive nicely.

alibongo001

I bought a Zepplin Air from the classifieds a while ago and find it really good.

Use a phone to stream radio to it?

jam-bo

I’ve looked and never really found anything that was worth the money for having AirPlay built in.

To be fair I think I’ve only used the AirPlay feature on the denon once or twice. It spends most of its life running radio6 or an aux in from my iMac.

MrNutt
    Free Member

McAire?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an Apple AirPlay compatible mini system’ is closed to new replies.