Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me an alarm system
  • Kryton57

Yep, been burgled. Scrotes smashed the door window (external) from the garage, and lifted a box of which we can’t remember the contents, 5 boxes of Clarks old kids shoes and a bag of old hand bags. Yep, they left 2 cars and the garden furniture. The knew what they were doing as they bravely re-orientated 2 security lights – whch would have been on as they approached to do so.

Anyway, I want a house alarm, and the same alarm should connect to an external workshop (where my bikes are) and the garage, both of which have power and are remote from the house (the garage furthest away at the end of a 80ft garden).

If there are an STW Alarm installers looking for work in London PM me, as I’m the world worst DIY’er – think Reg Prescott.

Ta

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yale HSA6400. Brilliant and really easy to install. Up to 20 sensors can be added; door/window contacts, PIRs, panic button etc. look on Amazon.

Nobby

The Yale wireless alarms are decent enough & very easy to install.

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Geese

Kryton57

Looked at those look good Derek – do you know the “range” of the PIR’s? I can get the 6400 for £192 – would a PIR inside the garage connect to the system 50m inside the house?

Nobby – Member
    The Yale wireless alarms are decent enough & very easy to install.

Got a 20ft ladder you can lend me, for installation and each time I change the batteries?

waller
    Free Member

Have a look at the Texecom ricochet 😉

Kryton57

Wow, that Texecom kit is half the the price of a similar Yale system.

Still the Q about the PIRs though – will they connect to a box 20 m away through 2 buildings/what’s the range?

dannybgoode

Cheers

Danny B

cb

I’ve been looking at similar in that my current wired system is buggered. Quotes I’ve had for new systems with around 8-9 PIRS and extending into the garage are around £900 fitted (wired or wireless) which seems extortion to me as even at generous RRP prices the kit will cost no more than £200.

Nobby

Got a 20ft ladder you can lend me, for installation and each time I change the batteries?

Yep, you collect & return it mind.

I’ve actually got a separate one for the garage with remote arm/disarm as, like you, it’s at the bottom of the garden.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an alarm system’ is closed to new replies.