Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • recommend me an accurate pressure gauge for Presta valves ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Ok ..got lots of pumps incl track + a mini digital schraeder halfords jobbie and old analogue presta one but not confident any are fairly accurate at the lower end of things ie fat tyres/ tubeless/low pressure. Just wondered how people are measuring low pressures and if a decent gauge exists?
    always used thumb test in past but want to be more consistent for testing purposes. People always say get a presta/schraeder valve converter but ime they only work for inflation not deflation .
    comments please
    thanks
    Bill

wwaswas

I use a Toppeak Smarthead Electronic gauge.

No idea how accurate it is but it gives consistent readings down to low pressures.

onandon
    Free Member

Yep, Topeak electronic one. I use it on everything from shocks to fat bike tyres.

Trimix
    Free Member

It does not need to be accurate, just consistent.

rocketman
    Free Member

+1 the Topeak gauge.

Annoying how it auto-powers off in precisely the amount of time it takes to move from one tyre to the other

Northwind

The topeaks are consistent but not accurate; I have 2 and they read differently. But reliably differently, which is the next best thing.

orangespyderman

+1 for the Topeak digital one. I have no real means of checking accuracy but it’s consistent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘recommend me an accurate pressure gauge for Presta valves ?’ is closed to new replies.